01968 Mapelastic AquaDefense Waterproofing Membrane - 5 Gallon
Mapelastic AquaDefense Waterproofing Membrane - 5 Gallon
Mapei's Mapelastic Aquadefense is a pre-mixed liquid-rubber waterproofing and crack-isolation membrane that can be easily applied before installing tile or stone in residential and commercial applications. This quick-drying membrane provides a thin, continuous barrier that protects adjacent areas from water damage.
- Free Shipping for 5 Gallon Buckets!
- Very quick drying: Install tile after 30 to 50 minutes of drying time
- Time-saving: Flood-test as shower-pan liner after 12 hours of drying time
- Apply with roller or brush – easy to install over flat, curved or irregular surfaces
- Approximate coverage - 300 sq. ft. (27.9 m²)
- Bonds to a wide range of surfaces; convenient, user-friendly and versatile
- No odor; great for confined spaces
- Prevents in-plane floor cracks from transmitting through tile or stone
Where to Use
- Residential and commercial interior/exterior floors, walls and ceilings
- Industrial interior floors and walls
- Tub and shower surrounds: bathrooms; kitchens; food prep, dishwashing, servery and cafeteria areas; countertops; and laundry rooms
- Residential and commercial submerged applications: freshwater pools, fountains and water features (completely covered by ceramic tile)
- Cantilevered balconies and decks over unoccupied space (see the “Limitations” section)
- Balconies and decks over occupied space when used in conjunction with a primary waterproofing membrane
- Steam rooms and steam showers (refer to TCNA handbook’s sections SR613 and SR614 or TTMAC 319SR and 321SR)
- Meets ASTM E-96 Procedure E for a low perm waterproof membrane
- In-plane crack isolation up to 1/8" (3 mm) over nonstructural cracks
Ratings & Reviews
by TileBy The Mile
Great product. The smell is not as bad as some competing brand products. I used a small roller to apply and it dried very fast. You will have maybe 30 seconds to do this from the first brush stroke before it starts to dry. Overall, it's a great product and I'm confident it will hold up.
by Above Average Tile Man
This stuff is amazing. Two coats on your backer board and you are done. Smells better than the red stuff. Only downside is it hard to see any lines.
Will compete with Hydroban and Red Guard
Used this stuff for years for showers as well as crack isolation on floor.