3259 USG Durock Shower System Waterproofing Membrane
USG Durock Shower System Waterproofing Membrane
USG Durock Shower System Waterproofing Membrane is perfect for waterproofing custom walk-in showers wherever ceramic, porcelain, or natural stone will be installed. The waterproofing underlayment provides a completely waterproof barrier between the substrate and the installed tile when it is applied to code-approved substrates with unmodified thinset mortar.
- Acts as a that is thin, pliable, and extremely durable vapor retarder
- 0.12" thick sheet membrane
- Install using a 3/16" x 3/16" V-Notch, or 1/8" x 1/8" Square or U-Notch Trowel
- Features an oriented HDPE, cross-laminated core that provides strength and tear resistance at much thinner mil thicknesses (12 mil)
- Most pliable, user-friendly membrane in the industry, with the least amount of buildup at seams
- Extremely low permeability rating (0.075 perms per ASTM E96 Procedure E), making it ideal for wet areas, including continuous-use steam showers
- Suitable for waterproofing floors, walls and counter tops
- 36" x 100' Roll (170146) - Packaging Dimensions - 36" x 6 ", 11 lbs
- 36" x 50' Roll (170160) - Packaging Dimensions - 36" x 4", 7 lbs
- 36" x 25' Roll (170097) - Packaging Dimensions - 36" x 3", 3 lbs
Questions & Answers (2)
What specific brand thinset is most successful with bonding this to cement board on walls? I used an unmodified thinset, "uncoupling membrane" from Mapei and after 24 hours it peeled off like a sticker. 95% coverage was achieved based on all trowel peaks were collapsed and smooth. Recommendations are only posted as unmodified with an ANSI A118.1 thinset mortar.
There is no specific brand that will work best, you should have no problem as long as you used an unmodified thin-set mortar ANSI A118.1. Did you install the uncoupling membrane after you let the fabric set for 24 hours? If you are still having complications even after following the USG Durock manual, you could try using a liquid waterproofing membrane instead.
Can this system be used with a mud bed shower floor and how?
Yes, this membrane works to waterproof the area in a shower beneath the mud bed. First you would need to make sure there is a proper pitch to the drain. From there, apply unmodified thin-set mortar and embed the waterproof sheet membrane into the thin-set, removing any air pockets to ensure proper installation. Overlap edges to create a completely waterproof system. Once the membrane has cured, you can install your mortar bed on top of the liner.
Ratings & Reviews
by pro one
I've been using this product for over 4 years. great product!!! i am a professional tile installer