6382 Quick-Pitch Kit Shower Floor Drainage Kit
Mark E. Industries Quick-Pitch Floor Drainage Kit
Permanently installed screed guide for shower floors, tile tubs, and fountains. Guarantees a proper slope for drainage with no error in measurement or the need for a laser or level. Install your dry-pack mortar with ease using this 'mud pan' template. Use the center ring placed over the drain with the tapered float sticks to achieve a perfect 1/4" fall per 12" run.
- Standard center ring for round drain covers
- Square drain covers require the universal center ring. We recommend purchasing the extra float sticks with the universal center ring for square drain cover applications
- Standard Kit (QPK-101) - Fits 3 ft x 5 ft showers
- Extra Float Sticks (XFS-101.2) - Contains 4 sticks- These are necessary for larger areas for screeding purposes. You want your float sticks to be a maximum of 2-1/2 ft from each other at the outer ends. These ʻextrasʼ are generally needed for use in custom shower areas with either curved, or more than four walls
- Extended Float Sticks (EFS-103) - These are for areas where the outer walls are of a greater distance then 3 ft from the drain. These give you the ability to do up to a 12 ft x 12 ft shower room!
- With Quick Pitch's three kits anyone can float any size or shape shower and get a perfect 1/4" slope every time!
- Standard Kit (QPK-101) includes 6 Float Sticks, 1” to 1 3/4” taper x 36" long and 1 center ring
- Extra Float Sticks (XFS-101.2) includes 4 Float Sticks, 1” to 1 3/4” taper x 36" long
- Extended Float Sticks (EFS-103) includes 4 Float Sticks, 1-3/4" to 2-1/2" taper x 36" long
- The Quick Clips are designed to be used with the Schluter Kerdi Drain, Noble TS and Quick Drain Systems
- These clips hold the Quick Pitch Standard and Extended Float sticks in place for the installation on a wood or concrete sub-floor
- Package contains 12 clips, 24 screws and 12 double-sided tape pieces
Questions & Answers (6)
I see in pictures below product that pitch sticks are placed on concrete(?). Next picture shows lining. So, how was lining put in after pitch sticks were first laid on concrete? Bottom line: Does the pitch sticks kit have step by step instructions on how to put the sticks, liner and mud in order? Also, if wooden floor, do you first put felt, then wire mesh then liner, then sticks. Confused T
It all depends on what type of liner is used. If you use a standard chloraloy liner then the liner should be installed under the Quikpitch sticks. If you use a paint-on liner like Laticrete Hydroban the Quickpitch should be installed first and then the liner is painted on top. We have links next to the pictures with the installation instructions and videos on the installation. If you have more questions please call (800) 709-0002.
I see in specs that for square drain cover applications to use extra float sticks. However, in the pictures below the standard size kit, it shows the 6 floating sticks, universal ring (is this included?) surrounding a SQUARE drain. So, do I still have to buy the x tra floating sticks?
The Quick Pitch Standard Kit includes the smaller center ring for round drains. If you are using a square drain the Universal center ring is sold separately. We recommend the extra sticks because the smaller center ring included with the Quickpitch Standard kit is not needed when using the universal center ring.
Do you have a kit that will fit an 8' 4" x 6' 6" room designed for a center of room drain?
Unfortunately, the longest length available for the Mark E Quick Pitch with the extension is 72" from the drain. The pitch would have to be continued without the assistance of the sticks.
the last time I used the float sticks, I used the PrePitch, then a vinyl pan liner, the the Quick Pitch together with the round center ring. have used that setup several times over the past few years, anyway, my question is that I don't see the PrePitch sticks advertised here. are they no longer used or sold?
The Pre-Pitch sticks are still available. Click here for Pre-Pitch Shower Kits
Your extra sticks' length is not listed? How do you know which to buy? Extra sticks or extended sticks? If I buy 9799 kit, I need extra sticks because my shower is 36" x 74". Please advise.
I have a 48" x 65" shower area. I would like to purchase the Quick Pitch and the goof proof curb. The curb will only be the 65" side and the other three sides are walls. The drain will be in the middle. can you tell me what I need to order
You will need to purchase the Standard Kit (QPK-101), which includes 6 Float Sticks, 1” to 1 3/4” taper x 36" long and 1 center ring; and the Extended Float Sticks (EFS-103), which includes 4 Float Sticks, 1-3/4" to 2-1/2" taper x 36" long for the shower floor.
You will need the KP-543 Kirb-Perfect 30" shower curb. Your curb length is 65", so you will need to purchase 3 of the KP-543 and cut down to size.
Ratings & Reviews
I would buy this product again.
by Pam -
I thought it was great, it made the job so much easier and faster. Also made the job better looking. We will be sure to use it on the next shower we have to install. Thanks.
Great Product For Perfect Shower Pan
by Tile & Floor -
Great product to get a consistent pitch in your custom shower pans for tile. Simple design and affordable.
by Felix -
It is a great invention to float and have showers have the right slope, works well in irregular showers too. just follow the mixing instructions for the concrete mix it is very important to have the mix dry.
very easy product for a novice or a pro
by dan -
makes it easy to install a custom shower stall like a pro
MONEY MAKER !!!
by CJ -
GREAT GREAT Product!!!