Laticrete Hydro Ban Waterproofing Membrane 5 Gallons
Laticrete Hydro Ban Waterproofing Membrane - 5 Gallons
- Approximate coverage of 5 gallons is 250 ft2(23.2 m2)
- Hydro-ban liquid waterproofing membrane allows for flood testing in 2 hours at 70°F (21°C) or higher
- Anti-fracture protection of up to 1/8" (3 mm) over shrinkage and other non-structural cracks
- Changes in color from a light sage to an olive green when cured
- Forms a flexible, seamless waterproofing membrane
- Laticrete Hydro Ban bonds directly to a wide variety of substrates including metal, PVC and ABS pipe fixtures
- While wet, LATICRETE Hydro Ban can be washed from tools with water
- Equipped with Microban antimicrobial technology
- Microban provides around-the-clock product protection from the growth of microbes including bacteria, mold and mildew
- Integrated antimicrobial technology stays present and active for the expected lifetime of a product at a cellular level to continually disrupt growth and reproduction of contaminating microorganisms
Hydro Ban Applications
- Interior and exterior
- Swimming pools, fountains and water features
- Shower pans, stalls and tub surrounds
- Extra Heavy Service performance rating (ASTM C627 Robinson Floor Test)
- Industrial, commercial and residential bathrooms and laundries
- Spas and hot tubs (** not rate for continuous steam rooms)
- Kitchens and food processing areas
Is Spectralock 1 grout an epoxy grout?
Patent pending, professional grade grout offers all the benefits of SPECTRALOCK® epoxy grout without the hassle of mixing.
Which is better cement grout or epoxy grout?
Epoxy grout will not crumble and begin to fall apart over time, whereas traditional grout products have a tendency to weaken, making it more likely you will incur the expense of redoing your tile at some point if you use cement-based products.
Can this be used on flat roofs that are walked on
by Michael 4/20/2016 9:51:11 am
Laticrete advises against using Hydroban as a primary roofing membrane over occupied space. Please see TDS 157 - Exterior Installations of Tile and Stone Over Occupied Space and Wood Decks for more information.
Can I use the laticrete waterproof 6" membrane fabric in the wall to floor corners with this product?
by Glenn 5/2/2016 10:55:43 am
Hydroban eliminates the need for any fabric in the field, coves, or corners. The 6'' membrane fabric will not be necessary if you choose to use the Laticrete Hydroban to waterproof the area.
Can this be sprayed on?
And is this something that would act as an appropriate sealant for a metal ceiling and girders in a damp basement area?
by John 5/30/2016 9:41:16 pm
Yes, this can be sprayed on, however, there are certain steps you need to take to assure it works correctly. Please reference the manual here.
Though the Hydroban will bond to metals, we don't recommend it's use anywhere other than a tiled application.
Can this be use to treat over a rubber roof seams only, not for walking on it . Just for extra protection where it says a liquid rubber thanks
by Mike 8/24/2016 5:24:08 am
Mike -- Please contact Laticrete tech service directly 1-800-243-4788 to ensure this product can be applied in that manner.
Can we use Hydro Ban on plywood?
by Paul 2/2/2017 1:20:59 am
Yes, exterior glue plywood is a suitable substrate (for interior applications only).