017703232 Laticrete 323 sq ft. Strata Mat Uncoupling Membrane
Laticrete STRATA MAT Uncoupling Membrane Full Roll
LATICRETE STRATA MAT is a next generation high performance uncoupling membrane for use under ceramic tile and stone installations, for both residential and commercial applications. The unique patent pending design of STRATA MAT provides for an enhanced mechanical bond of the adhesive mortar and provides for faster drying of the mortar, allowing for shorter time to grout.
- Strata Mat uncoupling membrane 45" Wide 86' Long
- Full roll 323 sq. ft. of coverage. Buy & Save!
- Click here for 150 sq ft. Half Roll of Stratamat
- Designed to replace traditional under-layment materials
- Specifically designed for use with both modified and unmodified mortars
- Allows for the proper adhesive mortar to be used with porcelain or large format tiles and stone
- Mortar Hydration Vents creates a mechanical bond between the mat and efficient mortar curing
- Provides vapor management
- Allows for use of the appropriate mortar per industry standards
- Helps prevent transmission of in plane substrate cracks of up to 1/8" (3 mm)
- Instant coverage verification allows for installer to see mortar coverage underneath the mat during installation without having to lift and verify
- Allows for easier floor layout as chalk lines are easily visible on surface prior to tile installation
- Rated Extra Heavy per ASTM C627
- Lightweight, easy to carry and fast to install with standard tools
- Can be used under moisture sensitive stone
Ratings & Reviews
by Anonymous -
This is my first review of this product but have used it quite a bit in the past. In short order Im a professional with over 30yrs experience. This product seems far superior than hardibacker at about the same cost if you included the screws not to mention the weight difference strata 600ft+ 2 rolls less than 200lbs, 600ft hardi 40+sheets about 1,100lbs. And far less than ditra if you dont need it for waterproof areas and does the same thing with the bonus of using modified thinset for the tile installation which is required with porcelain tile. Do your research I did and I like the results its a bit of a workout to work it into the thinset and you definitely use more thinset overall but also much better open time with the stratamat and no messing with taping the seams either. In short I think its a great product
happy with this roll
good tile uncoupling membrane that wont limit you to one type of mortar you can use modified or unmodified it all works. thought it might take longer for adhesive to cure but was surprised i could grout the floor the next morning. great product and best price i could find when ordering online
Great product with differences over other uncoupling membranes.
I started using Strata Mat about 4 months ago and I have been more than happy with the results. I was a big fan of Ditra and then my local supplier and I had a falling out and I found this and boy I am glad I did. Here are a few reasons I prefer this over Ditra.
1. It is 45" wide vs. Ditra's 39.5" (not a major but for me it matters)
2. The hydration vents cause the mortar to be placed into the underlayment much easier. If you have any experience with Ditra, you know that you must trowel over the underlayment at least twice to fill the "ditra-pockets" with mortar. This is because air trapped in the pockets have no where to go but up, creating bubbles in the mortar. Strata Mat has pin holes in each pocket that allow air to escape as it is placed into the underlayment. (This is a major advantage!)
3. You can use any type of mortar. You're not limited to unmod. or Ditra-set
4. Since it is white. You can see chalk lines on it.
Far better than Ditra! Strata and Tri-lite mortar= A+ Installation.Contractors Direct fast shipping and best price.👍👍
Laticrete does it Again A++++++++ Product
Absolutely Love this Uncoupling Membrane as with all the other products Laticrete Offers i will definitely be ordering again in the future
Best product used to date!
by NH remodeling
1# feature: Semi- transparent membrane allows visual confirmation of contact with mortar bed below.
<br>#2 feature is air travel through product. Allows moisture to evenly escape from both mortar beds.