65990 Rubi Joint Applicator For Grout & Mortar
Rubi Joint Applicator For Grout and Mortar
- High capacity applicator for the application of mortar joints
- Extra-light structure made of aluminum
- For fast, clean and simple application
- Reduces consumption of mortar and dirt after pointing
- Trigger-adjustable pressure
- Changeable outlet nozzles adjustable to the width of every joint
- Also usable for application of silicon in cartridges
- Fast, clean application
- Tuck Point Applicator 25.36 Fl.oz / (650 cc) capacity
- Mechanical advantage 12:1
- Trowel or pour material into tube for dispensing
- Barrel turns, application around corners
- Thumb activated instant pressure release
- Designed for mortar and tile applications
- Scoop or pour material into tube for dispensing
- Package includes standard 2 nozzles, plunger and tube
- For larger grout joints, simply cut the nozzles to the size of the joint you are filling
Ratings & Reviews
Great tool for the right application
I bought the Rubi applicator to apply grout between 18" ceramic floor tile. The applicator works very well but I soon realized that I wasn't saving any time or doing a better job than just using a grout float. I am not taking anything away from the applicator. It works great. It is easy to load and once you get the hang of the timing of squeezing the trigger and the speed at which to move that applicator tip, it performs very well. If I were putting new mortar between bricks or stones I can see where the applicator would make life WAY easier for an amateur like myself. After using 3 full tubes of grout, I switched back to using a float to apply the grout for my tile job. Bottom line: Contractor's Direct shipped the applicator immediately. I received it in 2 days in perfect condition. The directions that come with it are not very thorough but if you apply some logic you can figure out how it works pretty easily. It is well made, light, and easy to use. I would recommend it per what I wrote above. If I use it to point up some mortar between bricks or stones, I'll update this review. The only reason I gave it a 4 and not a 5 star rating is because, for me, it was not a time or work saver...nor was I able to apply the grout any better (as I mentioned above).
What I needed for travertine tile.
For my application of grout to travertine tile this tool works great. I did not want grout in all the pockets of the tile, and this tool allowed me to control the grout into the 1/8 inch joints very well, and not have grout anywhere but the grout joint. It's not a fast process, so I could not mix up much grout at a time or it would start hardening on me before I had used it all up. That means more short cycles of application, clean, next application.