Laticrete Hydro Ban Waterproofing Membrane 1 Gallon
Laticrete Waterproofing Membrane 1 Gallon
Laticrete Hydro Ban is a liquid waterproofing and crack isolation membrane that forms a flexible, seamless and watertight coating once cured. Hydro Ban bonds directly to a wide variety of substrates and can be ready for flood testing in as little as 2 hours in ideal conditions.
- 1 gallon (3.8 L) pail liquid will treat 50 sq ft (4.7 s/m) with 2 coats
- Does not require fabric for gaps 1/8'' or less
- Rapid cure time with easy color change indication
- Bonds directly to metal, PVC and ABS
- Exceeds ANSI 118.10 18.12
- Easy cleanup while wet
- Equipped with Microban antimicrobial technology
- Microban provides around-the-clock product protection from the growth of microbes including bacteria, mold and mildew
- Integrated antimicrobial technology stays present and active for the expected lifetime of a product at a cellular level to continually disrupt growth and reproduction of contaminating microorganisms
- Interior and exterior applications
- Swimming pools, fountains and water features
- Shower pans, stalls and tub surrounds
- Industrial, commercial and residential bathrooms and laundries
- Spas (**not rated for continuous steam)
- Kitchens and food processing areas
Ratings & Reviews
by Anonymous -
Excellent product! I used it over DuraRock, first took care of all seams and connection points then Hydro Ban two coats. Wonderful coverage would recommend this product and will absolutely use it again. I used in a shower stall, 40x40x80 1.5 gallons covered two coats with some to spare.
Great product and service
Quick delivery and product works perfectly well! Their customer service department was awesome and helped with all my questions.
Easy To Use
Works great and does exactly what is supposed to do. Much easier, faster and cheaper than using Kerdi I used Kerdi on bathremodels in the past and bought Hydroban to look for an alternative and I'm very happy with the results.
by Jackson P.
This Laticrete Hydroban stuff is incredible. I used 2 gallons to completely waterproof my shower surround up to the ceiling. The stuffl I tore out was leaking and caused major issues, so I wanted to make the new one water tight. The thing about a surface membrane like Hydro Ban is that any water that gets behind the tile is stopped before it gets into the cement board. This can be of benefit on a heavily-used shower that doesn't get a lot of time to dry out between uses. Strongly resists the musty smell that can occur when a shower is always wet.
I liked that the Hydroban bonded to the tub and plumbing flange. To waterproof the tub spout was so wasy and there is a continuous waterproof barrier all the way down the walls and onto the tub deck! Use the reinforcing fabric for the best possible results (IMO) in the corners, between cement board and tub, & around plumbing cutouts. Even though Laticrete says Hydro Ban can span gaps up to 1/8", it's cheap insurance against a future leak and really strengthens the waterproofing job.
Easy to Apply - good product
Haven't used the shower yet, just got done applying the 2nd coat of hydroban. It went on very easy with a brush and I'm confident it will do what its suppose to. I received the product in one day so delivery was amazing. I previously purchased the hydroban preformed shower pan which eliminated having to do a mud pan. I'm very happy with the laticrete products.
Very happy with the purchase
by Flora H.
purchased via Amazon, the package arrived in a very good package, the can is wrapped up really well, Applied a couple of weeks ago for my shower, very easy to use and does what it claims, with this I can do a custom shape for my shower, not limited by the choice of shower pan anymore!