X5WHITE Ardex X5 Flexible Tile and Stone White Mortar - 64 Piece Pallet
Ardex X5 Flexible Tile and Stone White Mortar - 64 Piece Pallet
Ardex has introduced a flexible solution for installing increasingly popular large format tiles. X5 is a highly versatile polymer modified mortar that is easy to apply to all sizes of different materials such as porcelain, ceramic, quarry, mosaic and most natural stone over common interior and exterior concrete and masonry surfaces.
- 64 piece pallet of 40 lbs. bags of white mortar
- Suitable for medium bed installations up to 3/4” square notch trowel
- Excellent sag resistance
- Very creamy, easy to apply consistency and no slake time
- Ideal for setting uncoupling membranes such as Ardex Flexbone
- Coverage: 80 sq.ft. (7.4 m²) per bag with 1/4" x 1/4" x 1/4" square notch trowel
- Working time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Open time: 10 minutes; Pot life: 3 hours
Questions & Answers
I'm applying 3" x 6" ceramic tiles as a back splash in the kitchen and was given Ardex 5X as the adhesive:
1. How thick should the Ardex 5X be applied?
2. Is a trial size of 6mm x 5mm adequate?
3. Is a primer needed on a existing painted wall board before using the Ardex 5X?
4. What should the consistency of the Ardex 5X be?
by Ed 8/17/2018 10:29:00 am
Standard mortar should be applied no greater than 3/16" thick.
You should use a 1/4” x 1/4” x 1/4” (6 x 6 x 6 mm) Sq.-Notch trowel or larger, depending on square foot coverage, when using Ardex X5.
A primer is not required but may be used when working over a painted blacksplash. The surface must be clean and rid of any and all residues for there to be a strong bond.
Mixing until you get a creamy, smooth, lump-free consistency.
Is Ardex X 5 suitable for installing 3X6 glass subway tiles in a shower?
by Murray Yeo 11/28/2020 4:08:32 pm
Yes, this product can be used for glass tiles. Please be sure to reference the TCNA for the guidelines regarding installation