Ardex S48 Rapid-Set Thinset Mortar / Mastic Hybrid - 10 lb. Bag
Ardex S48 Rapid-Set Thinset Mortar / Mastic Hybrid
Ardex offers the most versatile tile setting material for interior applications with the S48 Rapid-Set Mortar. With this fast-acting, polymer-modified mortar, installing glass tile and back splashes has never been simpler. Its creamy, smooth consistency is similar to a pre-mixed mastic making it extremely easy to apply.
- This thinset can be used for installing porcelain, glass, ceramic, quarry, mosaics and most natural stone tile over most common substrates including drywall, wood, plastic laminates and concrete
- Suitable for areas experiencing intermittent moisture including residential bathrooms and kitchens
- Time to grout: 1 to 3 hours for walls, 5 hours for floors
- Perfect for quick tile repairs and fixes
- White color makes it ideal for use with translucent glass
- Working time of thinset: 10 to 20 minutes
- Open time: 20 minutes
- Pot life: 30 minutes
- 10 lb. (4.5 kg) white thinset bag covers about 80 sq. ft. (7.4 m²)
Questions & Answers
Area coverage per bag with system easy to use liquid/ dry combination. My area for tile coverage is 355 sq ft.?
by A..L. Stephenson 9/19/2020 10:51:54 am
There are a few variables in regard to how many bags it would take for 355 sq ft. Such as tile size, which trowel you'd be using as well as how thick you'd need to lay the mortar. This job can take anywhere from 6 to 12 bags depending on the options you chose.