6235 Alpha PVA Quick Change Polishing Pads 5 Pack
Alpha PVA Quick Change Polishing Pads
- 5 per box Quick change, max Rpm 4000
- The easy way to polish bullnose, shaped edge and carved detail without damaging the workpiece
- Polish marble or travertine without using water or messy chemicals
- Alpha 4" Quick Change Backer Pad for PVA sold separately
- Low speed version of the original “Makita style PVA and is designed for use on an aluminum snail-lock backer plate specifically developed for low speed polishing tools
- Will work on all of the same applications as the “Makita style PVA with the same excellence and quality
- Marble shops, tile installers or anyone else that already has access to a low speed polishing tool will find that the PVA Quick Change system will speed up their productivity
- The aluminum backer plate is attached to the polishing tool and each of the pads has a snail lock adapter
- The adapter simply fits into place and locks on with a twisting motion.To remove the pads simply untwist and remove, then replace with the next grit
- This “Quick Change process saves time and increases productivity
- Polishes Stainless Steel; Best Polishing Solution for Glass Tile; Removes Paint
- 1 Extra Coarse (grey) PVA Quick Change Polishing Pad
- 1 Coarse (red) PVA Quick Change Polishing Pad
- 1 Medium (blue) PVA Quick Change Polishing Pad
- 1 Fine (green) PVA Quick Change Polishing Pad
- 1 Extra Fine (yellow) PVA Quick Change Polishing Pad
Questions & Answers (2)
Three parts to this question... (1.) can this product be used to polish glass mosaic tile? (2.) in the selection of the product, one is asked to identify the grit being selected, but in the description (what’s included) it lists 4 or 5 grits and the backer pad/plate. If I check the selection for fine grit, what will I be receiving? (3.) does the backer pad/plate come with each box of 5 discs or do I order that separately?
Thanks in advance.
John Wm. Smyth
These can be used on glass tiles. If you select the fine grit will receive 5 of these 400 grit pads. It is recommended that you use each pads in steps so the assorted kit could be the best option which includes one of each pad. The quick change backer pad is sold separately, which is linked in the item description.
I want to put a polished bull nose on 1/4" ceramic clay tiles. Can I cut the profile with a course Alpha high speed PVA and then polish it with a green and or yellow PVA for finish?
Yes, technically you can use the PVA polishing pad to cut the profile (you would use the X-Coarse grey) but Alpha recommends using the B-Series Wet Profiling Tool (SKU 3131) for a full uniform bull-nose and then polishing with the PVA pads.
Please note that when bull-nosing or grinding ceramic clay tiles, you may be removing the coating on the tile, fully exposing the red clay underneath, which may give the tile a different look than desired.
Ratings & Reviews
Worked great on black marble