Alpha Drill Bit Guide / Water Delivery System
Alpha Drill Bit Guide/Water Delivery System
- Delivers sufficient water while providing a secured drilling position
- Fits up to 1-1/2" diameter
- Designed to work with electroplated drill bits
- For installation of bathroom fixtures on marble, granite, ceramic, porcelain and glass tile
- Prevent wandering drill bits but also supply water to cool the cutting edge to get the highest performance and the longest life from the diamond drill bit
- Suction cup creates a vacuum that secures down the guide and drill bit during the application
- Easily moves to the next hole in seconds
- Use it with Electroplated Drill Bits ranging from 3/16” through 1-3/8” diameter
- Ideal for drilling 1/4” anchor holes when installing towel bars, soap dishes, shelves, cabinets and shower door frames
by Randy W
Great. concept. I could NOT get the suction cups to adhere to my porcelain tile. I had to use several strips of masking tape to hold it to my tile wall. That didn't hold well, either.
How to get perfect results
by Bob Drake
I used this with with the diamond hole drills from this same website. Although the suction cups do not provide enough support I improvised by taping this unit above the hole to be drilled using wide masking tape. I then used a thick steel flat washer centered over the marked hole location with masking tape around the washer perimeter. This gave me the accuracy I needed to get the hole in the exact location. Be sure to get the washer ID located concentric with the marked location. The water then dripped over the diamond drill giving me the lubrication required allowing me two free hands to keep the drill centered. The unit has an on/off switch which is useful. Use a washer that is just slightly larger than the drill diameter. Worked perfect every time and gives long diamond drill life.