8500 Tavy Thin-Skin 100 Sq. ft. Roll
TAVY Thin-Skin 100 Sq. ft. Roll
Add the classic touch of tile to any room!
- Two Part Underlayment System was developed to provide an underlayment for tile that could be installed over any surface without adding additional height to the sub-floor
- The Thin-Skin System is so simple that it can be installed by both professionals and DIYers
- Can be used with either modified or non-modified thinset mortar
- Tested by Tile Council of America
- No need to buy or install nails/screws
- Increase tiling applications by eliminating tear outs of existing surfaces
- Allows for tile or stone to be set on any surface
- Lightweight and easier to transport (less than 15 lbs. per 100 square feet) NO dusty mess to clean up
- NO additional height added to any surface as opposed to current underlayments
- NO waste, all TAVY Thin-Skin Underlayment pieces are usable regardless of size and shape
- 25% - 50% lower cost than other underlayments
- One roll of TAVY Thin-Skin Underlayment 2.5' X 40' and one gallon of TAVY Thin-Skin #007 Glue will cover 100 square feet
- Thin-Skin Underlayment is ideal for making templates for difficult cuts
- Minimize overall load weight
- Crack suppression up to 1/8" over concrete
- Can Not Be Used For Waterproofing
There are 5 basic steps to installing the TAVY THIN-SKIN Two-Part Underlayment System
- 1. Clean the sub-surface of debris
- 2. Spread TAVY Thin-Skin #007 Glue
- 3. Install TAVY Thin-Skin Underlayment
- 4. Skim coat TAVY Thin-Skin Underlayment with mortar
- 5. Start setting tile!
- Pencil, knife or scissors, 5/32" v-notched trowel (minimum), 5/32" v-notched spatula, latex modified mortar, putty knife and margin trowel
Ratings & Reviews
by Kim -
Updated kitchen countertops with granite---the tavy system knocked out not having to replace the existing formica before starting on granite. It's super easy to use & you end up starting with a clean slate to lay the granite on. I would recommend this product to anyone. It's fantastic!!
I will buy this product again
by Ken -
Very easy to use.
by Greg -
I have used this product several times. It works. Saves the time and expense of tearing out existing tile.
Easy to use
by Kathy in Colorado -
This is the 3rd time we have used the Tavy products and found them to be fantastic. We have remodeled 2 bathrooms and most recently resurfaced a kitchen counter. The instructions are clear and the product is easy to use I highly recommend it.
by Nathan -
Works fairly well. Would be nicer if it didn't continually re-roll on itself after you cut or lay it out. It also would be nice if they provided the correct size trowel for the glue. Never did find the 'correct' one! Just used a close size.
by Nathan -
First time ever using this product. Went pretty well. Tends to want to roll back up on itself but other than that it seems to work great. Had trouble finding the trowel size that they recommend. Wish they would just offer one for sale. Would buy again