Tavy Thin-Skin #007 Glue
Tavy Thin-Skin #007 Glue
The Thin-Skin System is so simple that it can be installed by both professionals and DIYers. The TAVY Thin-Skin Underlayment is simply trimmed to size and glued to the existing area, using TAVY #007 Glue, to create a surface suitable for setting tile. It’s as simple as elementary school arts and crafts.
- The TAVY Thin-Skin Two Part Underlayment System was developed to provide an underlayment for tile that could be installed over any surface without adding additional height to the sub-floor
- TAVY Thin-Skin #007 Glue is also technically engineered to meet Armen Tavy’s specifications
- TAVY #007 Glue is a high-end multi-purpose adhesive high in solids, which will adhere to any surface
- Scarifying the existing surface before use is not necessary
- The only surface preparation required is to have a clean surface that is free from oil, water, wax and dust
- Tested by Tile Council of America
- Increase tiling applications by eliminating tear outs of the existing surface
- Allows for tile or stone to be set on any sound surface
- Lightweight and easier to transport (less than 15 lbs. per 100 square feet)
- NO dusty mess to clean up
- NO additional height added to any surface as opposed to current underlayments
- NO waste, all TAVY Thin-Skin Underlayment pieces are usable regardless of size and shape
- 25% - 50% lower cost than other underlayments
- One roll of TAVY Thin-Skin Underlayment and one gallon of TAVY Thin-Skin #007 Glue will cover 100 square feet
- Thin-Skin Underlayment is ideal for making templates for difficult cuts
- No need to buy or install nails/screws
- Minimize overall load weight
- Crack suppression up to 1/8" over concrete
- Can Not Be Used For Waterproofing
Questions & Answers
If I have 200 sq feet to tile how many containers of the #007 glue do I need?
by Sallie Jo reid 10/28/2019 11:53:52 am
One gallon of TAVY Thin-Skin #007 Glue along with TAVY Thin-Skin Roll will cover 100 square feet.
You would need 2 gallons and 2 rolls of TAVY Thin-Skin.
I removed linoleum from concrete bathroom floor. There is a thin layer of linoleum glue left on the concrete floor. It is very thin (like a paint) and difficult to remove. Can the first "primer" coat of Tavy Thin-skin Glue be applied directly over the linoleum glue remaining or do I need to remove or rough up the glue residue prior to putting the first coat of Tavy Thin-skin on it?
by Bronco 3/23/2020 10:57:02 am
No, scarifying the existing surface before use is not necessary. The only surface preparation required is to have a clean surface that is free from oil, water, wax or dust.
Can floor leveler be used over thin skin?
by Mary 4/12/2020 1:59:27 pm
Yes, as the The TAVY Thin-Skin Two Part Underlayment System was developed to provide an underlayment for tile that could be installed over any surface
I am highly allergic to epoxy glue, is this an epoxy product?
by Gail 6/19/2020 12:48:18 pm
This is water based but does contain some epoxy per the manufacturer. We would recommend staying away from this product if you are highly allergic to epoxy glues.
Some of the tavy glue got on the thin skin when I was applying to the floor. I cleaned off the glue, but it’s a little sticky.. will this mess up my skin coat of mortar and not allow it to adhere to the thin skin?
by Rich 7/17/2020 9:23:24 pm
No, this will not mess it up as your thinset will still adhere to the surface.
Ratings & Reviews
Will buy this product again
by Ken -
Works well and is very easy to use.
Great Product, Time saver
by Lew -
Used this product twice so far, and it worked great both times. Used it to tile tile over vinyl in a bathroom.
will use again
by guitars and tile -
used this product to install ceramic 12x12 over existing laminate countertop for a friend. Only had a Saturday to do the job so I got the tavy kit for him. Besides the fact that the adhesive is a bit messy and sticky, it's surely the way to go if your trying to avoid the whole tearout process..But wear some kind of gloves, keep your trowel clean, and have some paint thinner on hand to help rub out the glue that does get on your hands..also, the installation of the thin-skin will be a bit faster if you have someone help you. But with a little patience,(which i have none of), anyone can install this stuff..heck i did!! Great product and will use again for sure!!!
by Steve -
The 007 glue works well and is easy to apply with the correct trowel.
by David -
I only use this product when doing tile jobs. Work Great. Fast shipping, good company!
Expect things to get sticky
by Willie K -
The glue spread nicely and sticks well, however when doing a floor it's impossible to not get some of the excess glue onto the top surface of the paper which remains tacky for several days, which might explain why drying time is not mentioned anywhere. And if you step on the tacky area, be prepared to pull up and tear the paper. Additionally, you will only get 100 sq. ft. of coverage per tub if the surface is extremely smooth with tight seams. My coverage on OSB (flake board) was closer to 75 sq. ft. Unless you have a helper and get the job done quickly, expect your tools and hands to get really sticky, even if you clean everything every 10-15 minutes.