SS424 Razorbacker Snapper Shear
Razorbacker Backerboard Shear
The PacTool International RazorBacker SS-424 Snapper Shear is the most powerful fiber-cement hand-held cutting shears in the world! It performs straight and curved cuts easily and is machined from A2 steel for greater strength and durability.
- Looking for the quickest and cleanest way to cut backer board?
- Razor backer slices through Hardibacker super fast, easy and straight; cuts great curves too
- There's no dirty cement dust or grit to scratch enamel or ceramics and make your clean-up a headache
- Cuts HardiBacker backer board up to 1/2" thick
- For straight and curved cuts
- Smooth, fast, and dust-free operation.
- Powered by a 1/2" / 6.5 Amp Milwaukee motor
- Reversible blades machined from solid tool steel
- Blades provide 20,000 ft. of cutting, last for up to 20 homes
Questions & Answers (1)
Can the SS 424 cut siding well
Thank you for contacting us.
Pactool offers different power shears for various materials.
MOdel SS424, available from Contractors Direct, is for cutting cement backerboard specifically.
Ratings & Reviews
Do you like breathing, don' use a saw!
by Skip -
I wouldn't think of cutting tile backer-board or cement siding-board with anything else. If you like your lungs, this is the best tool for cement board. NO DUST to breath.Spend the [$], you'll be glad you did.
overall an exceptional tool , very quiet
by The Tile Guy -
The only thing that would make this tool perfect is a harder metal for the stationary part of the jaws. that part wears out way ro fast for the cost of the unit
No more dust!
by Tile guy -
I bought this tool because I was tired of cutting backer outside with an angle grinder and breathing cement dust. It is perfect at solving these two problems. I can measure and cut at the work location inside and no dust is airborne. Cleanup requires only a broom. Straight cuts are a breeze although I have not mastered cutting tight curves and circles after three weeks. That looks to be a challenge. There is plenty of power for 1/2" hardie sheets. After paying over $250 for a tool I wish there was a hard storage case for the cutter. So far that's the only negative.
One of the best tools
by David -
I have bought 3 of these, my guys borrow them and end up buying them from me. These are the only way to cut cement board, Great tool.
It does what you want it to do without all the dust. Bravo!
Must have tool
I have owned and used this tool for over 8 years it's saves time and effort and is a much healthier way to cut tile backer board. Do yourself a favor and own one.