Armeg PTB Carbide Porcelain Drill Bit
Armeg PTB Carbide Porcelain Tile Drill Bits
- Diamond ground tip geometry actually bites
- Easy Start up and rapid penetration in most tiles
- Special carbide tip ensures accurate holes and virtually eliminates drill bit wander
- Recommended operating speed is between 700 and 900 Rpm
- Spray water on the PTB bit when drilling, to keep the bit cool and sharp
- Renewing tip geometry, when the products life is exhausted in Porcelain, the PTB bit can be used in softer materials
- Does not last as long as a diamond hole saw
- Not recommended for use on wood
- Each pack contains the same sized pro masonry bit to complete the drilling of supporting substrates to enable fixing installation
- Packaged in a clear plastic tube with instructions
- The PTB 1/4" carbide bit is also used to drill a pilot hole necessary for use with the PTB water feed adapter for Diamond Crowns
- Armeg PTB carbide drill bits can also be used in marble, granite, travertine, natural slate, quarry tiles, ceramic tiles, natural stone, limestone, rosemary roof tiles, etc
- Made from P100 grade carbide in the UK
- 5.0mm - 3/16" PTB Drill CTCP5.0
- 6.5mm - 1/4" PTB Drill CTCP6.5
- 8.0mm - 5/16" PTB Drill CTCP8.0
- 10.0mm - 3/8" PTB Drill CTCP10.0
Questions & Answers
Is the cost per individual bit or as shown in your picture which shows 4 bits and what looks like 1 masonry bit for a total of five.
by Manny 7/9/2020 9:47:15 pm
These are sold individually. The pictures are to show the bit sizes available. You need to select a size to add to your cart as well as select the quantity needed, if more than one.
Ratings & Reviews
Must Have for Porcelain Tile Work
by Retired in Larue -
I had to install a towel rack in a porcelain tile shower. I tried three other drill bits that claimed to be for porcelain. I spent over two hours and had not drilled one hole. It took me about 10 minutes to complete all four holes with this bit. It is a must have if you are trying to drill through porcelain tile.
verry pleased with the result.
by ;lakjsdf -
After about the fourth hole, I needed to apply more presure.
It gets the job done quickly
by rooster -
Great bit for porcelain tile. Able to drill through 3/8 tile with ease. Less than one minuter per hole.
by Paul -
I installed a shower door on grade 5 porcelain. Drilled each hole in less than 2 minutes, compared to 10-15 minutes per hole with diamond core drill bits. Excellent product. Great quality. I will recommend it to everyone.
Great Drill Bit
by Roger -
I Bought a 1/4" PTC drill bit to drill holes in my porcelain tile shower installation. It works great. I was drilling grade 5 porcelain tile. I placed the tile in a shallow pan, poured water in so that the tile was about 1/2" underwater. Then placed the drillbit underwater against the tile and drilled ! I have drilled 8 holes and it is still working great.
Had expected to last longer
by tgbrendoni -
This is a impressive drill bit which does not use percussion and it worked for the first three holes and keeping it on the mark. After that, more force was required to bore through the porcelain to the point where it cracked the tile. I had expected them to last a bit longer than that.