6240 Alpha High Speed PVA Polishing Pads - 10 Piece Box
Alpha High Speed PVA Polishing Pads
- 10 pieces per box
- High Speed: PVA Makita Style, max Rpm 12,000. No backer pad needed
- Polish bullnose, shaped edge and carved detail without damaging the workpiece
- It is the perfect way to polish marble or travertine
- Dry polishing system used to polish marble edges and is ideal for baseboard, corner and counter-top edge applications
- Excellent for job site touch-ups
- Fast working and long lasting, PVA Makita Style is easy to use and works well on most common high-speed grinders, 5/8" arbor
- Use on the edges of ceramics, woods and metals or paint removal as the material will not clog
- Marble shops will find PVA Makita Style very effective on contours, edges and irregular surfaces such as chamfers, bead molding, and other types of curved or rounded edges
- Tile and floor installers will find that PVA Makita Style works great on the profiled edge of baseboard tiles
- Great in conjunction with the Marble Profile Wheel
- Formulated with a silicon carbide abrasive and a polyvinyl alcohol bond that is color-coded for ease of operation
- The combination of this bond and abrasive give PVA Makita Style a long life at an affordable price
- The PVA system provides a great polish on marble edges without the difficulty or mess associated with wet polishing techniques
- 2 Extra Coarse (grey) PVA Polishing Pads
- 2 Coarse (red) PVA Polishing Pads
- 2 Medium (blue) PVA Polishing Pads
- 2 Fine (green) PVA Polishing Pads
- 2 Extra Fine (yellow) PVA Polishing Pads
Questions & Answers (4)
Do you need any sort of adapter or backer pad to use this product on an angle grinder?
The Alpha high speed PVA pads do not require any backer pad. They have a 5/8" arbor and can be used on any angle grinders with a 5/8" arbor (standard angle grinder arbor).
Is the Alpha PVA good for granite?
The Alpha PVA is designed to be used dry on softer materials like marble or travertine. The PVA is not recommended for granite.
What are the Alpha PVA pads made from?
The Alpha PVA Pads are made from a Carbon Silicate Polyvinyl Formal
I want to put a polished bull nose on 1/4" ceramic clay tiles. Can I cut the profile with a course Alpha high speed PVA and then polish it with a green and or yellow PVA for finish?
Yes, technically you can use the PVA polishing pad to cut the profile (you would use the X-Coarse grey) but Alpha recommends using the B-Series Wet Profiling Tool (SKU 3131) for a full uniform bull-nose and then polishing with the PVA pads.
Please note that when bull-nosing or grinding ceramic clay tiles, you may be removing the coating on the tile, fully exposing the red clay underneath, which may give the tile a different look than desired.
Ratings & Reviews
Great Poilshing Pads
by Your Tile Pro -
Great for polishing bullnose on all tile. 60 linear feet on travertine/slate per pad. Only 25 on porcelain.