72949 Rubi YW Notched Trowel For Large Format Tile
Rubi YW Notched Trowel For Large Format Tile
- Covers 95% of tile's surface - We always recommend to back butter the tile too
- Easy adhesive application
- With this unique notch back buttering may not be necessary on all applications
- Heavy duty hardened steel for maximum durability
- Extremely light, high resistance aluminum reinforcement
- Highly rigid join between reinforcement and plate
- Ergonomic Rubiflex handle with two textures
- Transparent glaze for protection against corrosion
- Perfect flatness of the plate
Questions & Answers (2)
How does the spread rate compare to a 1/2in square notch?
This Rubi trowel is equivalent to a 3/8" x 3/8" square notch trowel.
Let us know if you have any other questions.
What is the minimum requirement for a tile to be considered large format?
NE Tile install
Tiles that have at least one side dimension of 15 inches or greater. However, the tile does not have to be 15 inches on each side. It could be a 4” x 15” tile and still considered a large format tile.
Ratings & Reviews
Typical rubi quality. As with their Kerdi and Ditra trowels, the clear coat will begin to flake off after a few uses. But I am finding the notch design to work really well. Pulled two 6x24" tiles up the day after setting and most definitely had 100% coverage (tiles were also back buttered). Will definitely continue to use on LFT.