72949 Rubi YW Notched Trowel For Large Format Tile
Rubi YW Notched Trowel For Large Format Tile
- Covers 95% of tile's surface. We always recommend to back butter the tile too
- Easy adhesive application
- With this unique notch back buttering may not be necessary on all applications
- Heavy duty hardened steel for maximum durability
- Extremely light, high resistance aluminum reinforcement
- Highly rigid join between reinforcement and plate
- Ergonomic Rubiflex handle with two textures
- Transparent glaze for protection against corrosion
- Perfect flatness of the plate
Questions & Answers
How does the spread rate compare to a 1/2in square notch?
by Erik 2/4/2018 10:04:54 pm
This Rubi trowel is equivalent to a 3/8" x 3/8" square notch trowel.
What is the minimum requirement for a tile to be considered large format?
by NE Tile install 3/26/2018 11:12:49 am
Tiles that have at least one side dimension of 15 inches or greater. However, the tile does not have to be 15 inches on each side. It could be a 4” x 15” tile and still considered a large format tile.
Is this trowel suitable for 18x18 tile?
by James Miller 11/15/2018 9:30:10 pm
Yes this is suitable for that size of large format tile. It is also best to back butter the larger tiles before laying them to get complete coverage.
Ratings & Reviews
Typical rubi quality. As with their Kerdi and Ditra trowels, the clear coat will begin to flake off after a few uses. But I am finding the notch design to work really well. Pulled two 6x24" tiles up the day after setting and most definitely had 100% coverage (tiles were also back buttered). Will definitely continue to use on LFT.