Pre-Pitch Kit Shower Drain
Mark E Pre-Pitch Kit
- Pre-Pitch is a unique, stay in place screeding tool designed for use underneath shower pan liners
- Pre-Pitch is a unique tool that creates the proper sub floor slope (1/4" per ft.) needed underneath the pan-liner to manipulate the water towards the weep holes that are integral part of shower floor drains
- By having a pitch under the pan liner, water that passes through the mud bed is now directed to the weep holes instead of being trapped between the mud bed and the liner
- This 'ponding' or collection of water is where many mold and mildew related issues originate
- Easily cut with hacksaw, PVC cutters or grinder
- Use on wood sub-flooring or concrete floors
- Economical, lightweight non-rotting plastic
- Prepitch Kit includes 6 float sticks, 1/8" to 7/8" x 36" long
- Extended Kit includes 4 float sticks, 7/8" to 1-5/8" x 36" long
Do you use Pre-Pitch then Quick Pitch then Hydro Ban? or Hydro Banbetween Pre/Quick, then again on top of Quick?
by Lisa 5/26/2016 3:32:31 pm
Yes, use Hydroban (or traditional shower pan liner) between the Pre-Pitch and Quick-Pitch kits and again within the interior of the shower space.
beets the old fashsion way
by jc -
product is great makes the job so much easier only problem i noticed was that could use more screws i think the durability would be great see no reason for it to go bad
I would buy this product again
by araykh -
Build floor in the bathroom
by boo -
simplified putting shower base in. easy to use. [...]
Makes the job easy. Love it.
by Keith -
Buy it, save time and be assured of a perfect pitch!
Works well for beginners and pros
by Todd T
Works as expected when installed correctly. I've used this product many times with the same success.