Raimondi Tile Leveling System 1/16" Regular Clear Clip
Raimondi Tile Leveling System 1/16" Regular Clear Clips
Using the Raimondi Leveling System helps contractors, professional floor installers, and DIY installers alike achieve a seamless tile installation. This system aids in the installation of tile working as both a grout joint spacer and a tile leveler.
- Greatly improves the overall quality of your tile project
- Both installation and removal of the spacers are quick and easy!
- Works well with both wall and floor projects!
- Tiles are pushed into the thinset. (If the tile appears to pull up then your substrate may be uneven)
- Rather than worrying about voids and coverage, RLS spacers further enhance your thinset adhesion to your tiles!
- Leveling systems are not designed to compensate for un-level substrates
- Use on 1/8" to 1/2" thick tile
- Minimum joint size: 1/16" (1.5mm)
- Maximum joint size: 1/8" (3mm)
- Wedge size: 3-1/2" L x 3/4" W
How to use
- STEP 1: After spreading your tile adhesive, insert leveling spacer underneath the tiles along the 4 sides, use traditional spacers as you normally would to square up the corners. For larger tiles, it may be necessary to "double up", using 2 leveling spacers for each side
- STEP 2: Set the tile and beat it with a rubber mallet
- STEP 3: Use the special traction-adjustable pliers to insert the wedge into the leveling spacers, paying attention not to pass the breakpoint
- STEP 4: Once the tile adhesive has been allowed to set. Remove the leveling spacers with the traction-adjustable pliers, rubber mallet, or kicking them out with your feet
Questions & Answers
I'm laying 1/2'' thick ceramic tile - should I use these regular Raimondi clips or the large leveling clips?
by anonymous 8/17/2015 10:44:02 am
The Large Raimondi Leveling Clips are recommended for use with 1/2'' - 3/4'' thick tile.
What is the maximum grout joint I could use with this Raimondi system (1/16" clear clips)?
by Joey Bag Of Donuts 1/19/2016 3:59:24 pm
The maximum grout joint with the 1/16" clear RLS Raimondi clips is 1/8"
Can I use leveling system with freshly installed ditra on plywood?
by Vincent P 2/21/2017 3:32:57 pm
Thank you for contacting Contractors Direct.
Leveling systems can be used in installations that use underlayments.
** Note that leveling systems are to remove tile lippage and cannot remedy an unlevel or unsound substrate.
Ratings & Reviews
Best Leveling System I have used
by Tony R
The Raimondi leveling system is by far the best I have used and I have used them all. MLT takes too long to setup Tornado twist the tiles Rubi and Tuscan just dont work as well as I would like. Raimondi is easy to use and the results are consistent. The learning curve is big on all these systems but I have the Raimondi dialed in and works like a charm! Great product great price
Great system for large format
by Chip H. -
The first time I saw this at Contractors Direct I said to the salesman that anyone who uses these is a hack. Well, I am now part of the club! With the quality of the large format tiles that are becoming more and more popular these systems have almost become a necessity I could probably figure it out without this system but why bother? Time = money and if I am fighting an install for even an extra 30 minutes over the course of a year I would have worked a whole extra week. Not worth the hassle this is a great system and it won't be long till every tile mechanic has a lippage system in their arsenal.
At first l said this is a waste of time. After l tried it I'll never look back, Do you know how good l feel when customers come and say you are really good? Thanks to the clips. Best thing to happen to me.
I've got to say that Raimondi has a great system going here. I've used it on several jobs now. It's a good idea to set the tightener tension a little below the breaking point. The wedges are big enough to really work out well. I must admit I tried the Q lash set up. Big mistake. Oh well, one of life's lessons.
Just watch the videos and you'll do okay. It's a good idea to be careful of the clips that are exposed at the end of the day. They'll break if you aren't careful. Contractors Direct has been Very helpful to me. The pricing is a good thing.
Set tile like an experienced pro with this tile leveling set up. I purchased the 2000 piece 1/16" spacers and wedges. I have been tiling for well over a decade and used other leveling systems and had complaints with them so I stopped. Now that I've tried these Raimondi, I will be using these exclusively for larger tile including the wood look plank tile. I used these on 12x24" and 6"x3' tiles this week. They sure help the larger the tile. It was worth the small added expense for a perfect job. I would recommend the Raimondi Leveling System to any installer.
The Raimondi system works great.
by M. Strange
I'm a professional flooring installer, and I have seen several leveling systems before ultimately going with Raimondi. I had never used a leveling system before, but had a project planned using 6"x36" tiles, which I knew would be very difficult to install without lippage due to the natural bow in all plank tiles. The Raimondi system worked great. I installed 700 sq. ft. of the 6"x36" and did another small job using 12x24 tiles.
If you are looking at other systems, they might work as well or better. All I can say is that the Raimondi system works great, and I probably won't install anything bigger than 12x12 without it.