Laticrete 150 sq ft. Roll Strata Mat Uncoupling Membrane
Laticrete STRATA MAT Uncoupling Membrane 017703232
Laticrete Strata Mat uncoupling membrane 40' Long x 45" Wide Half roll 150sq. ft
- LATICRETE STRATA MAT is a next generation high performance uncoupling membrane for use under ceramic tile and stone installations, for both residential and commercial applications. Designed to replace traditional under-layment materials
- The unique patent pending design of STRATA MAT provides for an enhanced mechanical bond of the adhesive mortar and provides for faster drying of the mortar, allowing for shorter time to grout
- Specifically designed for use with both modified and unmodified mortars
- LATICRETE STRATA MAT allows for the proper adhesive mortar to be used with porcelain or large format tiles and stone
- Mortar Hydration Vents creates a mechanical bond between the mat
- Provides vapor management
- Allows for use of the appropriate mortar per industry standards
- Helps prevent transmission of in plane substrate cracks of up to 1/8" (3 mm)
- Instant coverage verification allows for installer to see mortar coverage underneath the mat during installation without having to lift and verify
- Allows for easier floor layout as chalk lines are easily visible on surface prior to tile installation
- Rated Extra Heavy per ASTM C627
- Lightweight, easy to carry and fast to install with standard tools
- Can be used under moisture sensitive stone
Questions & Answers
I have some Schluter Ditra but want to try Laticrete Stratamat can they both be used for the same tile job? The room is about 30x30 I have a full roll of Schluter Ditra plus some extra footage. Is it the same thickness and similar of same characteristics? Thanks
by Robert L 8/28/2015 4:14:24 pm
These two products have very similar properties and are basically the same thickness however consider that you are voiding both manufacturers warranties. The main difference between the two are that Laticrete Stratamat can be used with both modified and unmodified thinset and the Ditra can only be used with unmodified.
Can you use it over plywood?
by Frank 4/30/2016 6:12:36 pm
Hybroban can bond to exterior glue plywood. All surfaces must be structurally sound, stable and rigid enough to support ceramic/stone tile, brick and similar finishes. The installer must verify that deflection under all live, dead and impact loads of interior plywood floors does not exceed industry standards of L/360 for ceramic tile and brick or L/480 for stone installations and L/600 for all exterior veneer applications where L=span length.
Can I use the strata mat over 3/4" advantec, 16" on center glued and screwed?
by Brian 10/20/2017 8:18:59 pm
Please refer to OSB section of on page 2 of the Laticrete Stratamat Manual for installation instructions over OSB & plywood.