6864 Spin Doctor 1/16" Spacers
Spin Doctor Tile Leveling System, 1/16" White Threaded Posts
Large format tile is becoming increasingly popular on both residential and commercial job sites. Although tile is getting bigger, thicker, and becoming more difficult to install, the new RTC Products Spin Doctor Tile Lippage Control System is here to help.
Attaining a flat and level tile floor or wall has never been so simple. Other systems require the use of unique tools or pliers, but the Spin Doctor tile leveling system can be installed by hand. The patented free-spinning leveling caps can be spun down the threaded post with just one hand; the minimal effort required is notably helpful when installing large format tile.
- Spin Doctor 1/16" spacers/posts are available in 100 or 250 piece boxes
- Safe to use with tile up to 3/4" thick
- For a thicker grout joint, 1/8" Spin Doctor posts are also available
How to Use the Spin Doctor Leveling System
- Place your tile in the desired position
- Position the threaded spacer posts under the exposed edges of the tile to best suit the tile size and layout. Posts can be used in multiple configurations, such as a linear spacer, a "T" spacer or a four-corner spacer
- Make sure there is direct contact between the spacer and the tile without mortar in between
- Place the rotating cap on the top of the threaded spacer post and spin the cap down to the tile surface
- Turn cap as needed until all adjacent surfaces are flush
- Remove spacer posts and caps with a rubbet mallet once tile adhesive has cured
- Caps are easy to clean and re-use!
Questions & Answers
How many do I figure per sq ft of tile
by Dwaine Martin 6/18/2019 10:15:17 am
The amount per sq ft. depends on the size of the tile you are using. For example: 12" x 12" tiles are 2 spacers per sq ft.
Our supplier has stopped carrying the spin doctor spacers. We were told that
this product has been discontinued. Is this product one you will keep on hand? We have had great success with this system and wish to continue using it as long as it's available.
by Craig Myers/Custom Tile Works 1/20/2020 6:38:54 pm
At this point, we have not heard anything regarding the production of the Spin Doctor components. We do not foresee this being discontinued by Contractors Direct.
I see now on the RTC website that they are making the spacers in 1/32" or 1 millimetre (Red ones.) I would prefer these over the 1/16" spacer for a more clean modern look. Is Contractors Direct planning to add the 1 mm spacer to its available inventory?
by Doug Webb 8/15/2021 12:42:16 pm
We already have the SD132 RTC Spin Doctor 1/32" Red Threaded Spacer/Posts - 250 Piece bags listed on our website Click Here.
Ratings & Reviews
Must use in LFT
These work great on large format tiles. We use them all the time.
Makes your job easier.
by Alex Banaszek
Since I started using the spin doctor spacers, it made leveling tile a lot easier.
great product good price
by Steven R Torres
I have been using these for wall tile as well as floors, these really make a difference for the finish product. Don't use any other product. I hope that these stay around for a long time. They are getting harder to find.