MLT Thin Tile Base Plates are designed specifically for use with thin tiles less than 1/4" thick. MLT Thin Base Plates allow for excellent thinset coverage on both walls and floors and can be used with any thin porcelain or ceramic tile.
- Base Plates for thin porcelain and ceramic tile.
- Ready to use, no pre-soaking required.
- Use with tiles less than 1/4" thick to guarantee perfect alignment and plane during the curing of the setting material.
- Pre-assemble Thin Tile Base Plate to reusable MLT Strap (sold separately) before use.
- Counter sink holes assist in adhesion for ceiling tile applications.
- Engineered specifically for thin tiles to ensure maximum thinset coverage without hollow spots.
- MLT Base Plates are available in three other styles to accommodate all types of materials: Porcelain Tile Base Plates, Offset/Plank Tile Base Plates, and Stone Base Plates.
- Pre-assemble reusable connecting tab and base plate:
- Push stainless steel portion of the re-usable connecting tab through the center opening of the selected base plate.
- Align protuberances by passing them completely through the slotted openings of the stainless steel connecting tab.
- Pull connecting tab until the "snap lock" engages.
- Base plate should remain affixed to re-usable connecting tab unless separation is desired.
- Insert pre-assembled re-usable connecting tab and base plate under the tile or stone edge, sliding the connecting tab's base plate under the tile or stone being installed, at approximately 3” from the corners (MLTSystem components may be used for the corners of an offset pattern, in the “T” intersection of porcelains having a minimum thickness of 3/8”).
- Spacing of each re-usable connecting tab should not exceed 20” to 24” apart, during installation.
- Do not place them under a four-corner junction as lippage may result and also greatly increase the difficulty to produce a straight grout joint line.
- Once the pre-assembled re-usable connecting tab and base plate is in place, proceed using standard installation procedures.
- Upon completing the "set" of the tile or stone, lower the tension locking cap over the re-usable connecting tab to tile or stone surface then, slide cap in direction of the grout joint to engage the lock.
- Place installation/removal tool atop the tension locking cap to engage the re-usable connecting tab and tension MLT System, to create a lippage free surface.
- If additional cleaning of grout joint line is required after MLT System has been tensioned: remove cap, clean joint line, re-engage cap and re-tension.
- To remove set tension setting dial on “S” for “Snap” Place installation/removal tool atop re-usable cap and engage the re-usable connecting tab.
- Collect and store all re-usable connecting tabs and re-usable tension locking caps, for future use. Cold Weather
- When using MLT System for installations of thin tile, un-glazed, or highly polished materials, it is strongly recommended to use the fitted Rubber Pad accessory under the re-usable tension locking cap.