Porcelain Base Plates for MLT Leveling System allow for maximum thinset coverage without any voids or hollow spots. Porcelain Base Plates can be used with standard ceramic or porcelain tile of any size and format and are suitable for use on both floors and walls.
- Base Plates for porcelain and ceramic tile.
- No pre-soaking required.
- Pre-assemble Porcelain Base Plate to reusable MLT Strap (sold separately) before use.
- Designed and engineered to be disengaged under tension to allow cleaning of grout joints and seams, or to re-position the tiles/slabs.
- Counter sink holes in Porcelain Base Plates aid in fastening for ceiling applications.
- Along with standard porcelain and ceramic tile, MLT Porcelain Base Plates are also recommended for use with 3/8" natural stone.
- MLT Base Plates are available in three other styles to accommodate all types of materials: Thin Tile Base Plates, Offset/Plank Tile Base Plates, and Stone Base Plates.
- Pre-assemble reusable strap and base plate.
- Push stainless steel portion of the strap through the center opening of the base plate.
- Align base plate protuberances by passing them completely through the slotted openings of the MLT strap, then pulling connecting tab until the "snap lock" engages.
- Base plate should remain affixed to re-usable connecting tab unless separation is desired.
- Insert pre-assembled re-usable strap and base plate under the tile or stone edge, sliding the connecting tab's base plate under the tile or stone being installed at approximately 3” from the corners (MLT System components may be used for the corners of an offset pattern, in the “T” intersection of porcelain having a minimum thickness of 3/8”).
- Spacing of each re-usable connecting tab should not exceed 20” to 24” apart, during installation.
- Do not place them under a four-corner junction as lippage may result and also greatly increase the difficulty to produce a straight grout joint line.
- Once the pre-assembled re-usable connecting tab and base plate is in place, proceed using standard installation procedures.
- Upon completing the "set" of the tile or stone, lower the tension locking cap over the re-usable connecting tab to tile or stone surface then, slide cap in direction of the grout joint to engage the lock.
- Place installation/removal tool atop the tension locking cap to engage the re-usable connecting tab and tension MLT System, to create a lippage free surface.
- If additional cleaning of grout joint line is required after MLT System has been tensioned: remove cap, clean joint line, re-engage cap and re-tension.
- To remove set tension setting dial on “S” for “Snap” Place installation/removal tool atop re-usable cap and engage the re-usable connecting tab.
- Collect and store all re-usable connecting tabs and re-usable tension locking caps, for future use. Cold Weather
- When using MLT System for installations of thin tile, un-glazed, or highly polished materials, it is strongly recommended to use the fitted Rubber Pad accessory under the re-usable tension locking cap.