Laticrete advises against using Hydroban as a primary roofing membrane over occupied space. Please see TDS 157 - Exterior Installations of Tile and Stone Over Occupied Space and Wood Decks for more information.
Laticrete Hydroban Waterproofing Membrane 5 Gallons
Hydroban Product Description
- Approximate coverage of 5 gallons is 250 ft² (23.2 m²)
- Thin, load bearing waterproofing/crack isolation membrane that DOES NOT require the use of fabric in the field, coves or corners.
- LATICRETE Hydro Ban is a single component self curing liquid rubber polymer that forms a flexible, seamless waterproofing membrane.
- LATICRETE Hydro Ban bonds directly to a wide variety of substrates.
- Pre-treat cracks and joints, cove and floor / wall transitions & drains.
- Interior and exterior.
- Swimming pools, fountains and water features.
- Shower pans, stalls and tub surrounds.
- Industrial, commercial and residential bathrooms and laundries.
- Spas and hot tubs.
- Kitchens and food processing areas.
- While wet, LATICRETE Hydro Ban can be washed from tools with water.
Question & Answers
Hydroban eliminates the need for any fabric in the field, coves, or corners. The 6'' membrane fabric will not be necessary if you choose to use the Laticrete Hydroban to waterproof the area.
Yes, this can be sprayed on, however, there are certain steps you need to take to assure it works correctly. Please reference the manual here.
Though the Hydroban will bond to metals, we don't recommend it's use anywhere other than a tiled application.
Mike -- Please contact Laticrete tech service directly 1-800-243-4788 to ensure this product can be applied in that manner.
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
Setting tile for 40 yrs best product for soap niches, curbs, well worth the money. Thanks contractors direct for your prompt service when ordering this product.
this is the real deal, goes on easily, little to no oder and its pretty much foolproof if you read the directions. This is going to be my premier waterproofing product
after looking online at all of the prices, hydroban was the one that kept coming up as the best bang for your buck. for the 5 gallons it is definitely worth the price because spreads so easily it will last you, and end up saving you money
Hydroban is a great product! When buying from contractors direct, we not only received a good price, but also received the product in a timely manner. www.morrisheatandair.com will continue to use contractors direct for our laticrete hydroban!