You could use any modified or unmodified thinset (Laticrete does recommend using their thinset for warranty purposes).
Constructed of lightweight high-density expanded polystyrene, the Laticrete Hydro Ban Pre-Sloped Shower Pan comes with a factory installed drain/waste line connection, is 100% waterproof, and ready-to-tile.
- Pre-sloped ready to tile pan eliminates need for traditional mud bed installations.
- Lightweight and durable. Easy to transport and handle during installation.
- Code approved waterproofing meets ANSI A118.10 requirements.
- Factory installed drain assembly.
- Can quickly and easily be modified to size on site.
- Code approved, Meets IAPMO-PS- 46.
- Component of Laticrete Lifetime Warrant. Single source responsibility.
- Works in conjunction with Laticrete tile and stone installation materials.
- Comes with a curb, and one 10oz tube of Hydro Ban Adhesive.
- 36" x 60" PVC Center Drain.
- 36" x 48" PVC Center Drain.
- 48" x 60" PVC Center Drain.
- 48" x 48" PVC Center Drain.
- 38" x 66" PVC Off Center Drain.
- Pre-Sloped Extension, 24" x 48".
- Pre-Sloped Ramp, 13-1/2" x 60".
- Each unit comes with a curb, and one tube of Hydro Ban Adhesive and Sealant.
- Stainless steel grate is now sold separately.