10400 Aqua Mix Sealers Choice Gold Penetrating Sealer
Aqua Mix Sealers Choice Gold Penetrating Tile Sealer
- Premium, no-sheen, natural look, low VOC, water-based penetrating sealer formulated to provide maximum stain protection, especially in food preparation and serving areas
- NEW Rapid Cure Formula protects in less than 4 hours and is designed to achieve optimal penetration into dense, low-porosity surfaces
- May also be used as a pre-grouting sealer over clean stone surfaces a minimum of 1 hour prior to grouting
- Use on all natural stone (such as marble, granite, slate, travertine, and limestone), porcelain, quarry, saltillo, terra cotta, cement pavers, masonry surfaces, and other porous tile and grout where a natural look is desired
- Not recommended for use with composite or engineered stone
- Expected wear is up to 15 years. Extreme weather conditions, harsh cleaning methods and high-alkaline or solvent-based cleaners will affect wear
- Effective for interior and exterior applications
- Coverage: Approximately 300 to 1,500 sq. ft. per coat per gallon, depending on type of stone, porosity and texture of surface, temperature, humidity and method of application
Tile & Stone Sealer Application
- For new installations, sealer can be applied as soon as 48 hours after grouting
- Surface must be clean, dry, and free of existing sealers or coatings
- Apply using a sponge, brush, paint pad, cotton towel, or sprayer
- Be sure any sealer that does not penetrate surface is removed from surface within 5 minutes of each application using absorbent paper or cotton towels
- If 2 or more coats are applied, allow a minimum of 30 minutes drying time between coats
- 2 hours after final coat conduct a test to determine if surface is completely sealed by applying water droplets to the surface
- If water is absorbed, apply an additional coat. Wait 2 hours and repeat the test
- Ready for surface traffic in 2 hours after final coat
- Keep area dry for 12 hours, achieves a full cure in 24 hours
- Clean applicator tools with water after each use
- Pre-Grouting Application apply over clean stone or tile a minimum of 2 hours prior to grouting, follow application procedures above
Questions & Answers (8)
I used this on 2" bathroom ceramic floor tile and grout last Fall. The tile and grout look good but my husband wants to reseal it. Can I just go over it with this again or do I have to take previous sealer off first?
You need to ensure the surface is clean and dry for at least 24 hours prior to applying an additional coat of sealer. There are no additional steps.
What works best for saltillo don't want it shiny?
This product is supposed to dry with a "no sheen" look. It is recommended to test on a small, discreet area first prior to applying to the entire floor.
I applied Enrich N Seal on outdoor slate about 9 months ago, looked good! Would like to refresh, can I just reapply after cleaning with soapy water & let dry? Or would another product line be better to use?
Since you had great results with this product we would recommend to continue using it. Just allow the stone to dry prior to using this product.
I just installed granite tiles over my balcony should I seal with this first or do grouting first then seal with this? Also Does this help prevent leaks under balcony?
You can seal either before or after grouting or both which ever you prefer. You will just need to adhere to the manufacturer guidelines when applying this the sealer. This sealer is more for stain resistance rather than waterproofing but will aid in the water not saturating the tiles and will bead up when hitting the surface.
I applied 2 coats of gold sealer. This was done months ago. I would prefer a low sheen look however. Can I apply the low sheen aqua mix directly over the gold sealer ?
Aquamix does not recommend applying the Low Sheen Aqua Mix sealer on top of the Gold Sealer. The best way to get a low sheen look after applying the sealer would be to have it polished.
I am looking to apply sealer on outdoor terracotta. Im looking for a glossy look. its a high traffic area. What would you recommend and how long will the sealer last?
If you are looking for a shine we recommend using the Aqua Mix Seal & Finish Low Sheen Sealer, item#020552-4. This product has an expected wear of up to 15 years. However, extreme conditions or high traffic may affect wear time.
I'm planning to use this product on the partially sandy grout between glass tiles. What is the procedure for protecting the glass while doing it, or should i also cover the glass tile with it? I also have grout between ceramic and porcelain tiles and I'm wondering if I should seal the whole thing or just the grout between the tiles and if so how to protect the tiles while doing that
This product is not meant to be used on glass. It's recommended to very carefully apply the sealer in the grout lines around glass. However, with porcelain and ceramic, you are able to use the sealer on the tile and grout.
How long is a container of Sealer's Choice gold, good for, once it's been opened?
As long as you store and use between temperatures of 45° F 85° F (7° C 29° C), the product will be good until the expiration date listed on the product or with the data sheet provided with the product.
Ratings & Reviews
easy to apply
very easy to apply. works good with marble and I used a brush to apply it. does not change the look of the finished product. sometimes sealers change the color and ruin the look
dries very quick and it looks great!
best sealer on the market
by Stone works
All the research I have done on sealers this one always came out on top. many positive reviews with this product and when I seal the grout the tile, marble looks good
dries quick, the water beads up when it touches the surface. works great for a long time