Yes, the pilot bit can be removed by unscrewing the allen screw on the side of the bit and then gently tapping the bit out of the diamond hole saw.
6150 Diamond Hole Saws Turbo Rim
- Product code: 6150
$42.99 to $325.99
Diamond Turbo Rim, Hole Saw Dry Drill Bit
- Dry or wet cutting into ceramic tile, porcelain, slate, granite, marble, terracotta, brick, and concrete countertops.
- For drilling holes though a wide variety of materials. carbide tipped pilot bit with a high quality diamond outer rim.
- Remove the pilot bit when drilling though granite or other hard materials.
- To remove the pilot bit, simply unscrew the allen screw on the side of the diamond hold saw and gently tap the pilot bit out.
- Cuts tile wet or dry, equipped with cooling holes.
- Cutting depth (max) 2".
- Arbor size 3/8" (10mm).
- Pilot bits included only with bits 1-1/4" and larger.
- 2-1/2" hole saw features a continuous rim.
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
The product was very easy to use and made the job easy
This is a high quality hole saw. I used it over a dozen times in my bath renovation project and it still cuts like new.
Of course, this is the only easy way to drill these smaller holes right through the tile.
I used the center drill bit because I could not remove it. The center bit is not necessary. Drill a 1 3/4 hole in a 1/4" piece of plywood and tape it to the stone. The plywood prevents the hole saw from skipping and chipping the stone. It cuts through marble like butter.
It is great for drillin faucet valve holes on granite and marble.
This bit did the trick. I needed to cut a thrid hole in my granite countertop to install a new facet. I first thought I would need to have someone come out to cut the hole bit after I saw this bit and read the reviews, I knew I could cut the hole myself. First I needed to remove the centering bit since it is not required for cutting into the granite. Then I used a piece of plywood precut with the proper hole size clamped to the surface to guide the cut. I add a bit of water to cool the bit and started cutting. I stop a few times to add fresh water but I had a cleanly cut hole in less then ten minutes.