MLTCDKIT MLT Leveling System Starter Kit
MLT Floor Leveling System Starter Kit
- Protective rubber feet can be applied on the cap to prevent scratches and markings during the tiling of polished marble and stone
- Reusable cap can be disengaged after tensioning to allow for cleaning of grout joints and seams, or to re-position the tiles/slabs just with a slight side pressure
- Guarantees perfect alignment and plane during the curing of the setting material
- Different base plates can be used for porcelain, thin tile, and stone with offset joints.
- Reusable straps can be used multiple times, lowering overall expense
- No need to pre-soak base plates
- Rubber feet and steel tongue inserts for caps prevent scratching and extend cap life
- Counter sink holes in base plates aid in fastening for ceiling applications
- Base plate design allows for maximum thinset coverage without hollow spots
- The slot on the top of the cap will accept a stainless steel tongue insert in cases where the ratcheting teeth may become worn. This will greatly prolong the working life of each cap
- Optional Stainless Steel Tongue Inserts sold separately
- Optional Rubber Feet for Caps sold separately
MLT System Installation
- Pre-assemble reusable connecting tab and base plate
- Push stainless steel portion of the re-usable connecting tab through the center opening of the selected base plate
- Align protuberances by passing them completely through the slotted openings of the stainless steel connecting tab.
- Pull connecting tab until the "snap lock" engages
- Base plate should remain affixed to re-usable connecting tab unless separation is desired
- Insert pre-assembled re-usable connecting tab and base plate under the tile or stone edge, sliding the connecting tab's base plate under the tile or stone being installed, at approximately 3” from the corners (MLT System components may be used for the corners of an offset pattern, in the “T” intersection of porcelains having a minimum thickness of 3/8”)
- The stainless steel strap insert will allow for a minimum of 0.5 mm (1/64") grout joint
- Spacing of each re-usable connecting tab should not exceed 20” to 24” apart, during installation
- Do not place them under a four-corner junction as lippage may result and also greatly increase the difficulty to produce a straight grout joint line
- Once the pre-assembled re-usable connecting tab and base plate is in place, proceed using standard installation procedures
- Upon completing the "set" of the tile or stone, lower the tension locking cap over the re-usable connecting tab to tile or stone surface then, slide cap in direction of the grout joint to engage the lock
- Place installation/removal tool atop the tension locking cap to engage the re-usable connecting tab and tension MLT System, to create a lippage free surface
- If additional cleaning of grout joint line is required after MLT System has been tensioned: remove cap, clean joint line, re-engage cap and re-tension
- To remove set tension setting dial on “S” for “Snap”. Place installation/removal tool atop re-usable cap and engage the re-usable connecting tab
- Collect and store all re-usable connecting tabs and re-usable tension locking caps, for future use
- When using MLT System for installations of thin tile, un-glazed, or highly polished materials, it is strongly recommended to use the fitted Rubber Pad accessory under the re-usable tension locking cap
- 200 Caps
- 250 Straps
- 500 Porcelain Base Plates
- 1 Ergo Plus Installation Gun
- 1 Carrying Case
How thick are the stainless steel ends? Can you use this as the spacer so you can achieve minimal gaps?
by Scott 11/9/2017 11:45:38 pm
The stainless steel part of the strap is 1/64" thick. It can be only used as spacer when used with gauged thin porcelain on counter top installation ONLY. For all other types of installs the minimum suggested grout joint should be 1/16" as TCNA guideline.
We need a kit to install stone pieces ( 48"x48'x3/4") and we need a 1/32 grout joint. Will this kit accommodate that?
by Dabrinia Lagos 10/27/2020 4:22:55 pm
This kit will work for your installation, as these straps can accommodate stone up to 3/4" thick with a grout joint as small as .5mm (1/64").
Great System for Intermediate to Advanced Installers
by Anonymous -
The MLT was been a great tool to assist with linear tile installation. I have enjoyed it for a while now. A few squeezes of the gun and it helps perfect the installation. Thank you Mick and the MLT team for another great tool for my jobsites.
Weak and time consuming
Finally got a chance to use these after having them for a long time. They are terrible, they don’t have anywhere near the strength of the Peygran or Perfect level master clips and they are very labor intensive to assemble and even to remove from the tile. Do not recommend.
More than a starter kit
by Christopher Kubik
Unless you are setting multiple panels a day this kit is all you need. Pretty hefty for a starter kit. Works great.