GV5MPPD Alpha 5" Backer Pad for Makita GV-5000 & GV-5010, M8-1.25 Male
Alpha 5" Backer Pad for Makita GV-5000 & GV-5010
The Makita GV5000 & GV5010 Sander has become one of the preferred tools for marble polishing applications. However, its backer pad required the use of messy glues and adhesives. This 5" backer pad from Alpha Tools is designed to fit on the GV5000’s unique spindle and attachment configuration.
- Fits the Makita GV5000 & GV5010 disc sander
- M8-1.25 Male thread
- Hook and Loop backer pad for attaching sand paper, or felt wheels
- Ideal for bull-nosed edges and flat surfaces
- Marble fabricators and tile contractors can now utilize hook and loop backed products such as Sandpaper and Felt Wheels on their GV5000 polisher with excellent results
- Provides just the right amount of flexibility to successfully polish curved areas yet remains rigid enough to polish flat surfaces
- Will accept other types of hook and loop backed products, thus making this tool a truly versatile machine that can be used for stone, tile, metal, wood and glass
- If you own or plan on owning a Makita GV5000 Sander, the Alpha® GV Backer Pad is for you
Questions & Answers
So this GV5MPPD 5" backer pad will screw into female part where the original plastic disc goes for the GV5010? Then one can also velcro attach 5"sanding discs?
by Steve 4/28/2020 8:20:43 pm
Yes, this attaches to the GV5010/5000 via the threaded attachment. It has a hook and loop attachment that attaches 5" sanding discs.
Do You have it in a size 6" Pad to fit Makita GV 5000?
by Zena 7/24/2020 7:58:00 am
No, Alpha does not make a 6" pad to fit the Makita GV5000
Ratings & Reviews
Hook and Loop is the way to go
by Bobby -
There is nothing quicker and easier to reload
Easy to install. H & L is fastest way for extended use where several changes are required. Composition of pad makes control and finished result more satisfying.
product arrived damaged. Had a big gash in middle of pad. Also, the hooks DO NOT stick well to the Velcro of various brands of sanding pads. Waste of money!
by James -
Have used several years. Excellent disc grasp. Function exceeded expectations.