Boy this was expensive, but they made my work very easy. I thought such a small item should not cost that much.
I tiled my bathroom with marble and needed to make an edge treatment where the tile ended and the wallboard began. I cut 2 inch strips of tile from the 12 inch squares and then cut a 45 degree and 22.5 degree angle to approximate a round edge.
Then using 5 polishing pads with this adapter made it easy to start with the roughest pad and work down to the smoothest pad to make a nice round shiny edge.
I clamped each piece as they would be next to each other on the wall to a 2 by 4 with a wood strip so that all the bottoms lined up and then ground the individual tiles to match each other.
Also I have never worked with tile before let alone marble and the job came out very professional.
Alpha® PVA Quick Change System is a low speed version of the original “Makita® style” PVA and is designed for use on an aluminum snail-lock backer plate specifically developed for low speed polishing tools
- Necessary for attaching PVA quick change wheels to a low speed sander / polisher.
- Max Rpm 4000.
- The aluminum backer plate is attached to the polishing tool and each of the pads has a snail lock adapter.
- The adapter simply fits into place and locks on with a twisting motion.
- To remove the pads simply untwist and remove, then replace with the next grit.
- This “Quick Change” process saves time & increases productivity
- Marble shops, tile installers or anyone else that already has access to a low speed polishing tool will find that the Alpha® PVA Quick Change system will speed up their productivity.
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
In my opinion, these are the best. The snail lock is awesome. They never come off in use, and are super quick to change pads.