3159 USG Durock Liquid Waterproofing Membrane
USG Durock Liquid Waterproofing Membrane
Durock Brand Liquid Waterproofing Membrane is a polymer based, roll-on waterproof membrane suitable for commercial and residential tile and stone applications. This versatile product can work on concrete, masonry, backerboard and lightweight gypsum panels to fully waterproof showers, countertops or other suitable applications.
- Available in 1 gallon or 3-1/2 gallon buckets
- Can be rolled, brushed, troweled, and sprayed
- Fast drying time allows for quick turnaround time
- Can also be used in steam room/shower without additional vapor retarder
- Bonds directly to stainless steel, PVC, and ABS drains
- One coat on vertical surfaces for smooth substrates
- Two coats on rough substrates and for all horizontal applications
- Suitable for waterproofing floors, walls and countertops
- Low Permeance Rating (0.43 perms at 15 mil dry thickness) per ASTM E96 Procedure E
Questions & Answers (3)
How many square feet does the 3 1/2 gallon liquid waterproofing cover?
For smooth substrates, 80-100 sq ft /gallon with one coat, 40-50 sq ft /gallon with two coats. The 3 1/2 gallon will cover about 200-250 sq ft with one coat and 100-125 sq ft with two coats. Coverage will be lower for porous or rough substrates.
Can the membrane be used as a shower pan?
It can be used as shower pan liner in accordance with Section 422.214.171.124 of the IPC and Section 408.7 of the UPC.
Can your liquid membrane be used over pressure treated plywood?
No, this product is not recommended for pressure treated wood. The suitable substrates include concrete, masonry, cement backerboard, gypsum-fiber panel and gypsum-based cement topping.