Laticrete Hydro Ban Waterproofing Membrane 1 Gallon
Laticrete Waterproofing Membrane 1 Gallon
Laticrete Hydro Ban is a liquid waterproofing and crack isolation membrane that forms a flexible, seamless and watertight coating once cured. Hydro Ban bonds directly to a wide variety of substrates and can be ready for flood testing in as little as 2 hours in ideal conditions.
- 1 gallon (3.8 L) pail liquid will treat 50 sq ft (4.7 s/m) with 2 coats
- Does not require fabric for gaps 1/8'' or less
- Rapid cure time with easy color change indication
- Bonds directly to metal, PVC and ABS
- Exceeds ANSI 118.10 18.12
- Easy cleanup while wet
- Equipped with Microban antimicrobial technology
- Microban provides around-the-clock product protection from the growth of microbes including bacteria, mold and mildew
- Integrated antimicrobial technology stays present and active for the expected lifetime of a product at a cellular level to continually disrupt growth and reproduction of contaminating microorganisms
- Interior and exterior applications
- Swimming pools, fountains and water features
- Shower pans, stalls and tub surrounds
- Industrial, commercial and residential bathrooms and laundries
- Spas (**not rated for continuous steam)
- Kitchens and food processing areas
Does the estimate of 50 Sq Ft include more than one coat?
by Anonymous 7/21/2015 4:00:26 pm
The one gallon should give you 2 coats easily but this also depends on how thick it is applied. On Most applications users have a little left over.
How long will Hydroban keep once opened?
by Anonymous 7/21/2015 4:06:29 pm
Once unsealed, use within 3-4 months exposure to air will begin to dry it out.
In a shower pan, can this product be used instead of using a shower pan liner?
by Pat 1/28/2016 3:19:32 pm
HYDRO BAN is a thin, load bearing waterproofing/crack isolation membrane that DOES NOT require the use of fabric in the field, coves or corners. HYDRO BAN is a single component self curing liquid rubber polymer that forms a flexible, seamless waterproofing membrane. HYDRO BAN bonds directly to a wide variety of substrates.
What color is Laticrete Hydroban? Is there a difference in color between when the Hydroban is still wet or when it is cured?
by Gregor C. 2/22/2016 1:06:15 pm
Laticrete HydroBan when applied is a light sage color as it cures it turns into a olive green color.
Can this be sprayed on?
And is this something that would act as an appropriate sealant for a metal ceiling and girders in a damp basement area?
by John 5/30/2016 9:41:16 pm
Yes, this can be sprayed on, however, there are certain steps you need to take to assure it works correctly. Please reference the manual here. Though the Hydroban will bond to metals, we do not recommend its use anywhere other than a tiled application.
So easy to apply
by JJP -
Just finished applying the final coat of Hydro Ban. It seems like a great product and was very easy to apply. Ordered 2 gallons through Amazon and they both arrived really well packed and in perfect condition. I did find better coverage by brushing than by using a roller.
I would definitely recommend this product.
Best manufacturer on the market.
by Billy J
Laticrete has the best stuff on the market, this is the only product manufacturer I use for waterproofing. Easy to work with reasonable try time, ive been in the tile industry for over 15 yrs and Laticrete is my go to for just about everything.
laticrete is quality
I will be loyal to laticrete products forever. I've been installing for 32 yrs and they have never failed. we just have to find someone who cares about shipping these to us. the hydroban I received was thrown on my porch so hard, it broke the bottom of the plastic pail and I had a mess and a little loss of product.
This is the best product available for waterproofing Durock!
BEST WATERPROOFING FOR FASTER INSTALLS
by Hunter Johnston
I have done 3 showers now with HYDROBAN and i dont see myself going anywhere else. it makes for such a fast install not having to deal with mesh. though in some cases i have used a thin mesh and it still dries really fast. ALSO IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SPEED THINGS UP INSTALL WITH FOAMBACKER AND THEN YOU ONLY NEED TO HIT THE SCREW HOLES, MUD BED AND CHANGE OF PLANES.