16003K Ardex 8+9 Gray Rapid Waterproofing and Crack Isolation Compound Convenient Kit
Ardex 8+9 Gray Rapid Waterproofing and Crack Isolation Compound Convenient Kit
Enjoy a *FREE 4.75" x 81.75' SK MESH 25 Roll with the Purchase of This Product During Our Monthly Special!! a $25 Value for FREE!!
*while supplies last
Ardex's 8+9 two component waterproofing and crack isolation compound is the best-in-class roll-on membrane for use on all common substrates before tile and stone installation. This cement based product is very easy to use and provides an outstanding bond to mortars.
- Convenient kit includes: ARDEX 8 (liquid): 1 gallon (3.78 liters) bottle and ARDEX 9 (powder): 9 lb. (4 kg) bag
- Ideal for use in showers, kitchens and exterior manufactured veneer stone installations
- For commercial and residential applications prior to tile and stone installation
- Tile installation in just 90 minutes
- Flood test in only 4 hours
- 1/3 the cost per square foot vs. competitive products
- 25 warranty on a two-coat application every time
- IAPMO Certified, ANSI A 118.10
- Ensure that you have the appropriate tools and the sufficient amount of ARDEX 8+9™ Rapid Waterproofing and Crack Isolation Compound
Coverage (2 coats)
- Drywall – 100 sq.ft
- Concrete – 70 sq.ft
- ARDEX 8+9 requires a solid substrate that is clean, dry and free of oils, grease, wax, latex compounds, curing compounds, dust and all foreign matter. Do not install below 50°F (10°C) surface temperature
- MIX 1 – Caulking Consistency - Mix a small amount of ARDEX 8+9™ to a lump-free caulk-like consistency for filling holes, gaps and joints. Always pour liquid into the mixing container first and then the powder. Working time is approximately 45 minutes at 70°F/21°C.
- Crack Isolation - Use MIX 1 to fill around floor or wall penetrations, corner and floor/wall joints and dormant cracks up 1/8” before installing ARDEX SK MESH™. The unused portion of the trowel grade MIX 1 mixture can be blended back with the balance of the remaining powder and liquid for use in the next step, MIX 2
- MIX 2 – Paint-able Consistency - Mix ARDEX 9 (powder) with one unit of ARDEX 8 (liquid). For best results, mix with an ARDEX T-2 Ring Paddle and a low speed drill. Always pour liquid into the mixing container first and then the powder. Mix thoroughly to obtain a lump-free, pour-able mixture. Coat the entire area evenly with a paint roller or brush and allow thorough drying (30 to 45 minutes). A second layer is required to obtain a waterproof membrane, and must be applied at a 90° angle to the first coat
- Tiles can be fixed onto the second coat of ARDEX 8+9™ after one hour at 70°F/21°C. Use ARDEX MICROTEC™ Thin Set Mortars ARDEX X 77™ and ARDEX X 32™( for stone), ARDEX X 5™ or ARDEX X 4™ directly onto ARDEX 8+9™, all of which are suitable for porcelain, non-porous and glass mosaic tiles. ARDEX X 4 is suitable for tiles for internal applications only
Ratings & Reviews
Save Time and Money
Great product, but I can't believe I couldn't simply find it here in The Big City (San Francisco!).
<br>ContractorsDirect and a simple shop and click, and I've saved myself lost time and money... Looking for quality items, here you are!