5892 Arc TrueDEK Classic Shower Foundations
Arc TrueDEK Classic Shower Foundations
TrueDEK® Classic foundations make it easy to build custom, stylish showers with your choice of tile or stone finishing materials. These pre-sloped foundations can be installed and waterproofed in a day, depending on the complexity and framing needs of your project, and ready for tile or stone the following day.
Structural TrueDEK foundations are designed to span 16″ on-center joist systems (spaced 14½″ apart) with help from supplemental blocking to support all edges and the drain hole area. If your joists are farther apart, it’s not a problem; just use blocking to reduce the gaps between joists to an acceptable distance. And forget about the need for expensive joist modifications to make a level-entry shower. You won’t have to notch, lower, or reinforce code compliant joists when using a TrueDEK foundation. If your goal is a zero threshold, level-entry shower, using TrueDEK foundations can save you time and money.
At a mere ⅞″-thick, it’s easy to match a TrueDEK Classic foundation with the surrounding subfloor assembly (when prepped for tile, stone, or vinyl) to create seamless transitions between the shower and the rest of the room. Showers free of a curb are safer and the results are impressively good looking.
You can cut a TrueDEK Classic to most any size or shape you want. Because these foundations are so strong, cuts can be made as close as 6″ from the drain hole—no competitive product comes close. Plus, TrueDEK Classic foundations are structurally complete—the pathway to the drain is continuously sloped and uninterrupted to avoid any possibility of a leak.
Want to be sure you can remodel later? Again, no problem. Simply remove the tile or stone, touch up the waterproofing, and redecorate with the material of your choice.
TrueDEK foundations are fully compliant with applicable codes: International Plumbing Code, Universal Plumbing Code, International Residential Code, and the National Plumbing Code of Canada. Plus, TrueDEK bases comply with IAPMO PS 106-2015e1, Tileable Shower Receptors and Shower Kits standard.
With millions in use, this system has been thoroughly tested and proven in Europe and North America over the past 35 years; it’s considered the modern, sure-fire way to build a shower without leaks, without failures, without risk. And TrueDEK Classic foundations offer the advantages of curbless level-entry with built-in versatility to accommodate any decorative options a person can imagine.
Features and Advantages:
- Structural—designed for installation directly on joist systems
- Precisely pre-sloped for swift, dependable drainage
- Cut to desired size or shape with common tools
- Supports 560 lbs. when installed on 16" o.c. joist systems; up to 1,100 lbs. with additional support
- Cover with tile, stone, or commercial grade, weldable vinyl
- 7/8" thick at edges
- Flat perimeter makes leveling easy
- Off-center drain (rotate base to avoid an obstruction at the drain)
- Install on 2× wood joists, truss joists, TJI joists, or concrete
- Arc shower foundations can only be used with ARC TrueDEK drains .
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Made of recyclable materials
- TB5947-S (59" x 47-1/4") and TB5959-S (59" x 59") Shower Foundations must ship via LTL Freight. A commercial address is required for delivery.