3256 USG Durock Pre-Sloped Shower Kits
USG Durock Pre-Sloped Shower Pan Kit
The Durock Shower System makes waterproofing shower installations easier and faster. With a 3-pound density, the molded expanded polystyrene (EPS) shower tray is exceptionally strong, offering greater support for the tile covering in shower applications. Designed with an optimal 2% slope, it's also more comfortable to stand on and easily accepts a wide variety of tile shapes and sizes. Despite its strength, this lightweight shower tray easily cuts with a knife, is dust free and comes in four standard sizes. Includes all of the components you need to build a fully bonded, waterproof shower system that is made to accept tile covering. The preformed, pre-pitched shower base can easily be installed as the pieces become perfectly interlocked. The drain assembly and shower tray disk will connect to a PVC or ABS connection, as both connections are included within the shower system. The tray disk will help you vertically and horizontally align the drain grate assembly.
- Your Choice Size of Shower Tray
- Shower Curb(s)
- Drain Kit Assembly Without Grate
- 36" x 50' Membrane Roll
- 5" x 50' Membrane Band
- 4 Inside Corners (2-packs)
- 2 Outside Corners (1-pack)
- 1 Pipe Seal
- 1 Mixing Valve Seal
- Operator's manual
- Easy-to-position drain assembly that accepts all Durock Shower System 4" and 5" grate options - Click Here for Grate Options (Comes with all pieces needed for grate installation)
- Durock Waterproofing Membrane - a pliable, durable, sheet-applied membrane and vapor retarder with a uniform thickness of 0.12" (.3 mm) that makes installation easy without excessive buildup
- The prefabricated pre-slope shower tray installs more quickly than conventional mud-bed showers
- The shower tray disk is a durable ABS disk that features an integrated, removable sub floor cutout template. It provides solid support under the drain and features clock marks for alignment of the shower tray the grate and your preferred tile layout
- Ideal for new construction and repair or remodel projects
- Dramatically reduces installation time compared to conventional mud-bed showers
- Gradual pre-slope allows for easy installation of tile
- 48" x 48" Center Drain Shower Kit (170132) - Package Dimensions - 51" x 27" x 9", 25 lbs
- 32" x 60" Offset Drain Shower Kit (170133) - Package Dimensions - 51" x 32" x 9", 28 lbs
- 32" x 60" Center Shower Kit (170134) - Package Dimensions - 51" x 32" x 9", 28 lbs
Questions & Answers (12)
I need a 48" X 60" shower kit with offset drain and 60" curb.
What do you recommend?
This size would require a custom shower pan please call 800-709-0002 or email email@example.com for more information.
I neet a 30=78 base left drain
This is not a standard size made by USG but it can be ordered as a custom pan. Please fill out this form https://www.contractorsdirect.com/PDF/usg-custom-shower-tray-form.pdf and send to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get pricing for you.
This kit does not include the grate... correct? When I look up grates, that includes things like the construcuctionn plug, grate tray, etc... are these included in the shower kit? I just want to make sure I have what I need and not duplicates. Thank you!
Correct the grate is not included in the kit and the items that come with the grate are just included with the grate and not the shower kit so no duplicate items will be received.
Can you please provide the dimensions and location of the offset drain? The distance from the center of the drain to edge of shower pan in both directions would be helpful. Am I missing something?
The drain is 12" from the sides edges of the pan on each side. From the center of the drain to the side edges on the pan is 16".
Is the sloped shower floor waterproof without the membrane?
The shower tray needs to have thinset applied on top of the pan and then needs to be waterproofed with the waterproofing membrane.
What is the thickness of the pan
The pans thickness is 1 inch
DO YOU MAKE A 48" X 48" WITH AN OFFSET DRAIN KIT?
Unfortunately there is kit with that pan size at this time.
What are the dimensions of the two curbs? I will have the 60" length and 32" depth that will need curbs.
The dimension of the curb is 48"x5"x4".
I need 32 x40 offset drain can 20 inches be cut off one side only
It is not recommended to just just one side of the pan as it can mess with the pitch. It would have to be trimmed evenly on each side. We can also get you pricing on a custom size pan that would be a much better fit. Contact us at email@example.com for details.
do you need to tape the seams on the durock walls before you apply the membrane
The seam tape or waterproofing band is to be applied at the same time as the membrane. You would first lay the membrane on the walls and then the seam tape in the corners where the membrane meets. This video linked below shows a demonstration of the proper installation.
Is there a general Square Foot Cost for Custom Pre-Sloped Pans?
Cost of the pan will be calculated once the form has been completed and sent to our email firstname.lastname@example.org. We then submit this form to USG, and they get back to us with a quote.
Can curb height be cut without compromising waterproof integrity?
The USG curb can be cut to any size you prefer.