65952 Rubi Tile Nippers for Hard Materials
Rubi Porcelain Tile Nipper with Carbon Steel Tips for Hard Materials, 65952
These Rubi tile nippers are designed specifically for cutting dense porcelain tile and other hard materials. The combination of long, cushioned grips and carbon steel tips makes these nippers a must-have tool for anyone installing hard porcelain tile.
- Heavy-duty porcelain tile nipper specifically designed for porcelain and other hard, vitreous materials
- High durability
- Heat treated carbon steel tips can be sharpened after wearing down
- Reinforced center spring provides maximum support
- Scissor cutting action makes it easier to cut hard material
- Keep in mind that some types of porcelain are among the hardest engineered materials, so you may occasionally find some tile that cannot be nipped by hand
- Not recommended for glass tile
Rubi Tile Nipper Specifications
- Assembled Depth: 8.75 Inch
- Assembled Height: 0.75 Inch
Questions & Answers (1)
What is the thickness of tile that it is capable of nipping?
These tile nippers can nip tile up to 1/2" thick.
Ratings & Reviews
scissors for tile
by balls deep -
I bought these because I had never seen them before. If regular nippers are the tile man's equivalent of end cut pliers, these are the tile man's equivalent of scissors. They are very similar to what electricians call Dikes or Diagonal Cut pliers. You use these to trim the edge of the tile. Its hard to imagine this actually working but it does. I used these on rock hard porcelain and was able to trim the corner of the tile into a radius.
These are interesting but are not going to replace your regular nippers. But they are something worth having when use for them arises.
Don't waiste your money.
by Infinite Install
I bought these because I never saw snips like this and these had a great review. The review was incorrect. They are useless. They are definitely not like scissors for tile. It is very difficult just to get these nippers to work.