RLSCONKIT116 Raimondi 1/16" Spacer Tile Leveling System Kit
RLS 1/16" Spacer Tile Leveling System Contractor Kit
- RLS Contractor Kit includes: 250 Wedges, 500 Clear Clip size: 1/8" to 1/2" tile, 1/16" joint and 1 Floor Pliers
Raimondi Leveling Spacers have been sold in Europe for quite a few years and finally we're able to introduce them to you!
- If you're a tile installer, you're well aware of how difficult it is to properly set flexible, large format, heavy, or low-thickness tiles because, often times, the floor foundation is uneven and/or contains imperfections
- Tiles that seemed uniformly leveled while first installing them can show differences as the tile adhesive sets, compromising the overall aesthetics of your initial hard work
- With the Raimondi Leveling Spacers, this potential is no longer a threat to your perfect tile project
- In addition to ensuring the proper leveling of tiles, this system helps speed the tile setting process
- Greatly improves the overall quality of your tile project
- Both installation and removal of the spacers is quick and easy
- Sturdy Tile Wedge holds tiles better than competitors
- Use for wall and floor projects
- Tiles are not pulled from the thinset, they're pushed into it
- Rather than worrying about voids and coverage, RLS spacers further enhance your thinset adhesion to your tiles!
- Wedges size: 3-1/2" Long x 3/4" Wide
- Use on 1/8" to 1/2" thick tile
- Minimum joint size: 1/16" (1.5mm)
- Maximum joint size: 1/8" (3mm)
How to use
- STEP 1: After spreading your tile adhesive, insert leveling spacer underneath the tiles along the 4 sides, use traditional spacers as you normally would to square up the corners. For larger tiles, it may be necessary to "double up", using 2 leveling spacers for each side
- STEP 2: Set the tile and beat it with a rubber mallet
- STEP 3: Use the special traction-adjustable pliers to insert the wedge into the leveling spacers, paying attention not to pass the breakpoint
- STEP 4:Once the tile adhesive has been allowed to set. Remove the leveling spacers with the traction-adjustable pliers, rubber mallet, or kicking them out with your feet
Questions & Answers (4)
Can you use spacers with the system? I am trying to get a 1/8 grout line and I have heard these systems tend to make the gap irregular.
Thank you for contacting Contractors Direct.
You can use up to a 3/16 inch spacer to space the grout joint with this leveling system.
There should be no reason that these clips would create irregular gaps, all other factors aside, when applying the correct process.
Spacing can be deceptive depending on the factory edge style (i.e. bevel, bullnose, etc.). If a bevel is present, a 1/8 inch RLS clip will likely show as closer 3/16 inch once installed.
Says 500 Clear Clip size: 1/8" to 1/2" tile, 1/16" joint... how many of each? Trying to figure out if I need another pack of 1/8"...
The clear clips Click here to view the coverage chart.
Let us know if you have any other questions.
How many 1/8" spacers come in this variety kit? Is it 500 of each size or 500 total, with each size getting a count of 100 or so?
This kit includes the following: 250 Wedges, 500- Clear Clip (1/16" joint) size: suitable for 1/8" to 1/2" thick tile, and 1 Floor Pliers.
How many clips for 100 sf 8 x42 tile?
Thanks for contacting Contractors Direct.
Generally, you will need a leveling assembly (wedge & clip) for every linear 12" of tile.
42" side should have 4 clips spaced evenly
8" side may not need one, but we would recommend using 1 here for best results.
5 clips divided by per tile coverage((42''/12'') x (8"/12")) = approximately 2 clips per square ft.
Coverage may vary per application.
Ratings & Reviews
First time using this system and could not be more pleased. Used to set 6x36 wood look tile. Absolutely no lippage. Extremely easy to use and would highly recommend this product. Well done Raimondi.
by Parmer Tile installation
Half the price of some other systems and in my opinion, a better product. Easy to use, works amazingly. I've never installed a flatter tile plank floor before using this product.
raimondi level system
I have done a several jobs with this now and it is fantastic. Yes, it makes the job move slower, but honestly it takes the frustration out of pulling of tiles because of lippage. When done and grouted it really does make the whole job look professional and perfect. So in the end, any time that you think you are losing will be so worth it when your 4' plank flooring looks like wood