Raimondi Tile Leveling System 1/8" Red Clip
Raimondi RLS Tile Leveling System 1/8" Red Clip
The Raimondi Leveling System (RLS) eliminates tile lippage and drastically speeds up the tile setting process. The red RLS tile leveling clips provide a 1/8" grout joint and can be used to level tiles between 1/8" - 1/2" thick.
- Raimondi Tile Leveling Clips greatly improves the overall quality of your finished tile project by ensuring the proper leveling of tiles
- RLS Tile Leveling Clips can be used to level wall tile or floor tile
- RLS spacer clips and RLS wedges further enhance tile-thinset adhesion by uniformly pushing tiles deep into thinset to ensure proper leveling and adhesive bondage
- Installation and removal of the spacer clips is quick and easy
RLS Red Clip Technical Data
- Minimum tile thickness: 1/8"
- Maximum tile thickness: 1/2" (use RLS Large White Clip for thicker tile)
- Minimum Grout joint: 1/8"
How to Use Raimondi Tile Leveling System
- STEP 1: After spreading your tile adhesive, insert leveling clip underneath the tiles along the 4 sides - use traditional spacers as you normally would to square up the corners. For larger tiles, it may be necessary to "double up", using 2 leveling spacers for each side
- STEP 2: Set the tile and beat it with a rubber mallet
- STEP 3: Use the special traction-adjustable pliers to insert the wedge into the leveling spacer clips - Be certain not to pass the breakpoint of the clip!
- STEP 4: Once the tile adhesive has been allowed to set, remove the leveling spacer clips with the traction-adjustable pliers, rubber mallet, or by kicking them out with your feet. Grout can be installed once all clips have been removed
Questions & Answers
What is the maximum joint size on the 1/8" RLS?
by J.Smith 11/29/2015 10:24:24 pm
3/16" is the largest joint size that can be used with the Raimondi RLS tile leveling system.
Will the red clips show through the grout?
by AnonymousMary 6/22/2016 3:35:18 am
No, the Raimondi clips are designed to break below the grout line and will not be visible through the grout.
Can/should these be used when incorporating a mosaic feature in the middle of the wall? Since there are several patterned tiles on the mosaic, would it just level the pieces its attached to and possibly make the others raise up?
by Cheryl 1/20/2017 3:07:25 pm
No, the Raimondi tile leveling system is not recommended for use with mosaic tile. Instead, most installers suggest using a float to tap the mosaic piece into place.
Any reason not to use leveling system over heated floor ?
by Michael P 6/2/2017 11:13:25 pm
Leveling systems can be used when installing heat cable or mats in your installation.
Some times when removing the top of the clip and the wedge with a rubber mallet, they do not break off completely. I have read some where that it helps to soak the clips in warm to hot water prior to using them. Will this help? I have never had them break on normal installation. Thanks
by Leon 12/27/2017 8:25:21 pm
Soaking does increase the clips elastic strength, giving them maximum tension needed for proper installation.
Ratings & Reviews
Easy way to get a flat floor
Tiling my first large area floor with 12x24 tiles. These made it very easy. Spacing and leveling in one device. Only problem I encountered was squeezing the tool too hard and breaking off the spacer. After a few tries you learn how hard you can squeeze. Well worth the cost.
Strong, easy to use leveling system.
Decent price, and quick shipping!
I use these when I’m installing large format tile. However, they are expensive when I buy them locally. Finally, I’ve found a reasonable price through Contractors Direct. Free shipping makes it even better.
I received them on time and in time to start job
by Bob S
Contractors Direct has provided excellent customer service, fast shipping and quality products. The Raimondi leveling system is a perfect example. Great product, easy to use, cost effective with excellent results.
by Brett Rapini
Definitely a great product