9710K Tuscan Leveling System Kit
Tuscan Leveling System Kit Supplied by Pearl Abrasive
Pearl Tuscan Kit Includes: 200 piece Tuscan Caps, 500 piece Tuscan Straps and a standard gun
Will greatly assist you for the installation of stone and ceramic tiles. It is designed to create a virtual lippage free installation with stone and ceramic tiles. The system interlocks the tiles, virtually creating a single flat slab surface while the setting material is curing. minimize the possibility of shrinkage or warping. No need to re-lift tiles to add more mud and/or the process of shimming tiles. Increase the speed of installation
- 2-piece system that virtually eliminates lippage during tile installation
- Passes standard industrial (TCNA Robinson) compression test
- Recommended for gauged tiles 12" or larger
- For tiles of uniform thickness only (gauged tile)
- Very easy to learn and use at any skill level
- Prevents tiles from moving while curing
- More profitable for the installer
- Re-usable caps
- Reduces installer fatigue/stress
- Virtually lippage free mirror flat surface drastically reduces the need for grinding and polishing
- Each Time a new bucket of straps is opened, they must be soaked in lukewarm water for 2 hours or hot water for 30 minutes prior to use. Soaking is one time only
- The nylon strap is designed to absorb moisture so it will stretch during installation. This strap is engineered in a way that as the mortar is drying it pulls the moisture out of the strap, making the strap more brittle so that the strap can snap off cleanly after the setting material drying is complete
Ratings & Reviews
by andy -
Found the product to be everything they said it would do.there is some tricks like the consistency of the mud to the tension you use to level the tile,once you got the hang of it ,it's nothing but home runs!
by Doug -
It's good but too expensive. I am using Tuscan with Rubi straps. They fit on tuscan!
Great Product - But Overpriced
by Daniel -
The product worked great. We installed a 350sf room with 12x24 rectified tile, with 1/32 grout joints at the base of the tile, which translated to a 3/32 joint at the top as a result of the way the tile was rectified. The job turned out great, but it cost A LOT to do it. It used a little over 700 straps to do it the way they specify.
Waste of Money
by Justin Clark -
Bought this product first time. Terrible product will never buy again. Soaked straps as instructed, still every other one snapped as installing stone. Very dissatisfied and feel taken advantage of. [Contractors Direct note: Pearl has replaced or refunded the straps when this has happened.]
tuscan tile leveling system
by business owner -
tuscan leveling system worked as it was described to work. it took a little practice using the standard gun to get used to how much pressure to exert in order not to break the straps when doing the installation process. improved the installation of large "graded tiles" for me compared to "free hand installation" which can result in uneven tile installation.
Product works near perfectly - costly, but worth it.
First off - the system is expensive, maybe overly so. If you are a contractor and can amortize the cost of the caps across 20 or so uses that helps. The included tool works fine, and I cannot justify in any cases the cost of the more 'precise tool' at the uplift in cost.
Performance wise, the system does what it says it will. I was able to get near-zero lippage throughout the floor install. I did have a couple of trouble areas, one where a 'U' had been cut out of the end of one tile and it was not possible to get the system tight enough to get the tiles perfectly level. The other was a skinny tile next to the wall and against the line drain - in this case, squeezing down misaligned the tile and the cap covered this detail, so be aware.
The system worked well, but this is my only experience with a leveling system.