9256-0401-4 Laticrete Hydro Barrier 1 Gallon
Laticrete Hydro Barrier 1 Gallon Bucket
- HYDRO BARRIER is a thin, load bearing, self curing liquid rubber polymer which can be easily applied to form a flexible seamless waterproof/anti-fracture membrane
- HYDRO BARRIER can be used on interior and exterior, horizontal or vertical surfaces and is approved by IAPMO for use as shower pan liner
- Coverage: 50 sq ft / gallon
- HYDRO BARRIER can be applied using a paint brush, roller, trowel or airless sprayer
- All areas must have two coats to ensure waterproofing capabilities
- When the second coat is applied the substrate will not show through HYDRO BARRIER if coated with 0.020–0.030" (0.5–0.8 mm) of dried membrane. Color changes from a light blue to darker blue when fully cured
Questions & Answers (2)
Will this stop water from leaking in a basement wall when it rains?
This product is designed to be a waterproofing layer between the suitable substrates and your tile installation. It is not designed to stop leaks.
I am looking at applying Hydro Barrier to a plywood base on a deck. After allowing it to dry, I would then glue tongue and groove deck boards over top. My question is whether there are specific kinds of glue that will adhear with Hydro barrier to avoid buckling?
I can be contacted at email@example.com. Thank you.
Laticrete does not specify the best type of adhesive to use over Hydro Barrier. However, they do advise to not use any solvent-based adhesive directly on the Hydro Barrier.
Ratings & Reviews
by Carlos E
this product did the job as advertised and worked very well
by Sean P
easy to apply, dries nicely and solid. I know that this product will prevent moisture and leaks from happening with no problems
by Charlie D
you get exactly what you buy and it works great! I love laticrete, never failed me before