Innovis Better Bench Pre-formed Floating Shower Bench
Innovis Better-Bench Pre-Formed Shower Benches
The Better-Bench is quick and easy to install, replacing other more complex DIY methods. These fully independent units can be mounted to most vertical surfaces quickly and easily, saving the tile installer valuable time. What once took hours can now be done in about 30 minutes!
- Benches are engineered for a 400 lbs. load capacity
- Can be mounted to most vertical surfaces quickly and efficiently, saving the installer valuable time
- Self-supporting, one piece frame is easy to install with supplied fasteners requiring no additional waterproofing
- Use in wet or dry locations; mount over any U.B.C. approved substrate material
- Better-Bench is constructed of alloyed aluminum which will not rust and is germ-resistant
- All benches include hollow wall anchors and wood screws
- BB-30; 3" x 21.5" x 21.5" x 30" triangular bench
- BB-24; 3" x 17" x 17" x 24" triangular bench
- BB-26R; 3" x 14.5" x 19" to 32" adjustable rectangular bench
- BB-ADJR; 3" x 14" x 33.5" to 62" adjustable rectangular bench
- Support required if BB-ADJR spread exceeds 36"
- Support Options (Sold Separately)
- BT-17S Mid point corbel support for BB-ADJR
- Invisabolt system allows bench to appear free floating, 2 Invisabolts per package 2 inch washers included with bolts
- Invisabolt size: 3/4" x 17-1/2"
When mounting the better bench in a tiled shower stall, should the underside of the better bench be tiled exactly like the top and sides or left untiled?
by Jay 7/18/2015 2:20:48 pm
Normally the underside of the Better Bench is not tiled. If you do tile the underside of the Better Bench a special thin-set will be required to bond to the metal.
We didn't have enough room for the BB-30 seat, so we installed the BB-24 seat, but it is too little. Is it possible to build out the BB-24 from 17" x 17" x 24 to 18" x 18" x 25 1/2 by adding tile on top of the existing tile?
by Julie 8/21/2015 12:38:53 am
This installation may work however you would void any warranty by Innovis. You are also potentially going to have issues with the tile as it may not adhere properly causing them to break and or come loose
When installing the BB-ADJR at a length of 48" with walls supporting the unit on each side (and back), what spacing should the invisabolts be positioned at? I would assume with the bench being supported at the walls you would want the two bolts closer to the center?
by Dave 4/2/2016 9:29:03 am
INVABOLTS should be mounted in the three holes closest to the center of the unit when installing the BB-ADJR at a length of 48'' with three walls supporting the bench.
Can the BB-ADJR seat be installed into a two wall corner, no third wall, and with two Invabolts for support? The bench will be extended to 45 inches.
by Alessandro Paoletto 4/25/2016 11:16:53 am
Yes, you can either use two INVISABOLTs or one BT-17S to install the BB-ADJR in a two-wall corner.
Can the BB-ADJR bench be cut shorter than 33-1/2"?
by Jim Reed 4/28/2016 2:36:44 pm
Yes, the BB-ADJR can be cut down to a smaller size. Innovis suggests cutting off an equal length from both pieces of the unit using either a circular saw and metal blade or a pair of aviation snips.
by Butch M -
Well made and good, simple design. Easy to install, and once installed, solid as a rock.
by Scott the Builder -
this product was easy to install and a great choice over trying to frame a bench from scratch. [...]
This is BEST Bench
by Tile Dude -
This is a great product. I love it
by Do It Yourselfer -
I WOULD BUY THIS PRODUCT AGAIN AND AGAIN
by Mary -
I HAVE A COUPLE OF THE SMALLER SHELVES INSTALLED IN ANOTHER BATHROOM THAT HOLD SHAMPOOS, CONDITIONERS, BODY WASH, ETC. WHICH ARE PERFECT FOR THAT APPLICATION I KNEW THAT ONCE I RENOVATED MY OTHER BATHROOM THAT I WAS DEFINITELY GOING TO USE THE LARGER ONE FOR A BENCH FOR SHAVING ESPECIALLY. GREAT PRODUCT, I USED TO SELL CARPET AND TILE IN A RETAIL STORE AND ALL THE SALES PEOPLE WERE REALLY IMPRESSED WITH THIS PRODUCT. I THINK IT REALLY NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED PROFESSIONALLY BECAUSE TILING THE SHELF REALLY TAKES A PERSON WITH A TILING BACKGROUND WITH ALL THE CUTS THAT HAVE TO BE MADE.
BETTER BENCH PRODUCTS - SHELF
by SHIRLEY THE TILE LADY -
FOR A MATCHING SHELF, ESPECIALLY IN A SHOWER OR TUB SURROUND, YOU CAN NOT BEAT THIS PRODUCT. WE DO CUSTOM TILE JOBS AND THIS PRODUCT HAS HELPED US THRU OUT THE YEARS TO ACHIEVE SOME OF THE MOST UNIQUE DESIGNS POSSIBLE.