PVA-5/8 Alpha 4" Quick Change Backer Pad
Alpha 4" Quick Change Backer Pad for PVA Polishing Pads
Alpha PVA Quick Change System is a low speed version of the original “Makita style” PVA and is designed for use on an aluminum snail-lock backer plate specifically developed for low speed polishing tools
- Necessary for attaching PVA quick change wheels to a low speed sander / polisher
- Max Rpm 4000
- The aluminum backer plate is attached to the polishing tool and each of the pads has a snail lock adapter
- The adapter simply fits into place and locks on with a twisting motion
- To remove the pads simply untwist and remove, then replace with the next grit
- This “Quick Change” process saves time & increases productivity
- Marble shops, tile installers or anyone else that already has access to a low speed polishing tool will find that the Alpha PVA Quick Change system will speed up their productivity
Ratings & Reviews
Snail Lock Rules!!
by TZ -
In my opinion, these are the best. The snail lock is awesome. They never come off in use, and are super quick to change pads.
Worked Really Well
Boy this was expensive, but they made my work very easy. I thought such a small item should not cost that much.
<br>I tiled my bathroom with marble and needed to make an edge treatment where the tile ended and the wallboard began. I cut 2 inch strips of tile from the 12 inch squares and then cut a 45 degree and 22.5 degree angle to approximate a round edge.
<br>Then using 5 polishing pads with this adapter made it easy to start with the roughest pad and work down to the smoothest pad to make a nice round shiny edge.
<br>I clamped each piece as they would be next to each other on the wall to a 2 by 4 with a wood strip so that all the bottoms lined up and then ground the individual tiles to match each other.
<br>Also I have never worked with tile before let alone marble and the job came out very professional.