8911 Ardex Waterproofing/Crack Isolation Compound Convenient Kit
Ardex 8+9 Rapid Waterproofing and Crack Isolation Compound Convenient Kit
Ardex's 8+9 two component waterproofing and crack isolation compound is the best-in-class roll-on membrane for use on all common substrates before tile and stone installation. This cement based product is very easy to use and provides an outstanding bond to mortars.
- Convenient kit includes: ARDEX 8 (liquid): 1 gallon (3.78 liters) bottle and ARDEX 9 (powder): 9 lb. (4 kg) bag
- Available in gray and white
- Ideal for use in showers, kitchens and exterior manufactured veneer stone installations
- For commercial and residential applications prior to tile and stone installation
- Tile installation in just 90 minutes
- Flood test in only 4 hours
- 1/3 the cost per square foot vs. competitive products
- 25 warranty on a two-coat application every time
- IAPMO Certified, ANSI A 118.10
- Ensure that you have the appropriate tools and the sufficient amount of ARDEX 8+9™ Rapid Waterproofing and Crack Isolation Compound
Coverage (2 coats)
- Drywall – 100 sq.ft
- Concrete – 70 sq.ft
- ARDEX 8+9 requires a solid substrate that is clean, dry and free of oils, grease, wax, latex compounds, curing compounds, dust and all foreign matter. Do not install below 50°F (10°C) surface temperature
- MIX 1 – Caulking Consistency - Mix a small amount of ARDEX 8+9™ to a lump-free caulk-like consistency for filling holes, gaps and joints. Always pour liquid into the mixing container first and then the powder. Working time is approximately 45 minutes at 70°F/21°C.
- Crack Isolation - Use MIX 1 to fill around floor or wall penetrations, corner and floor/wall joints and dormant cracks up 1/8” before installing ARDEX SK MESH™. The unused portion of the trowel grade MIX 1 mixture can be blended back with the balance of the remaining powder and liquid for use in the next step, MIX 2
- MIX 2 – Paint-able Consistency - Mix ARDEX 9 (powder) with one unit of ARDEX 8 (liquid). For best results, mix with an ARDEX T-2 Ring Paddle and a low speed drill. Always pour liquid into the mixing container first and then the powder. Mix thoroughly to obtain a lump-free, pour-able mixture. Coat the entire area evenly with a paint roller or brush and allow thorough drying (30 to 45 minutes). A second layer is required to obtain a waterproof membrane, and must be applied at a 90° angle to the first coat
- Tiles can be fixed onto the second coat of ARDEX 8+9™ after one hour at 70°F/21°C. Use ARDEX MICROTEC™ Thin Set Mortars ARDEX X 77™ and ARDEX X 32™( for stone), ARDEX X 5™ or ARDEX X 4™ directly onto ARDEX 8+9™, all of which are suitable for porcelain, non-porous and glass mosaic tiles. ARDEX X 4 is suitable for tiles for internal applications only
Questions & Answers (1)
May I know whether you have any products for each of the following usages:
1. A 6 ft wide x 16 ft high leaking concrete exterior staircase in between 2 building external walls. We try to put a "membrane" on all steps and 2 adjacent walls so that water will not penetrate through the staircase and into 2 buildings.
No other material will be added on this "membrane". So, it should afford pedestrians traffic up and down this staircase. This material can be transparent or light color.
2. Waterproofing for stone external wall.
This material can be transparent or light color.
3. Waterproofing for a flat concrete deck. Same situation as Item 1.
4. Pedestrians walkway on a flat concrete deck but with stone bricks on top as final floor finish.
We have a variety of products that may resolve the issue however without seeing the actual issues and variables it would be irresponsible for us to recommend a product
Ratings & Reviews
Saving time = Saving money
by F@*k Tile
Great product no need to wait a full day to start tiling. Ardex makes a great product.
Ardex Water Proofing
Finding Ardex locally has been beyond challenging especially after my local store switched to another brand of setting material. The Ardex 8+9 is a great waterproofing system. It mixes up well, goes on smooth andis a solid waterproof surface that is ready for tile. Thanks Contractors Direct always offering the best products