MLT Leveling System Mini Kit From Contractors Direct
MLT Systems introduces the industry’s latest technology in Mechanical Lippage Tuning. Consisting of three major components (Reusable Cap, Reusable Strap, and Base Plate), this system achieves the least amount of waste possible. The unique reusable cap allows for the install to "unlock" from the strap in case adjustments need to be made after initial placement.
- 100 Reusable Caps
- 125 Reusable Straps
- 250 Porcelain Bases
- 1 Ergonomic Tool
- Carrying Case
- Designed and engineered to be disengaged if you need to re-position.
- Base Plates available for Porcelain or Thin Tile.
- Reusable straps can be used multiple times, lowering overall expense.
- No need to pre-soak Base Plates
- Counter sink holes in Base Plates aid in fastening for ceiling applications.
- Base Plate design allows for maximum thinset coverage without hollow spots.
- Optional Stainless Steel tongue insert will greatly prolong the working life of each cap.
- Optional Stainless Steel Tongue Inserts sold separately here
- Optional Rubber Feet prevent scratching.
- Optional Rubber Feet for Caps sold separately here
MLT System Installation
- Pre-assemble reusable connecting tab and base plate:
- Push stainless steel portion of the re-usable connecting tab through the center opening of the selected base plate.
- Pull connecting tab until the "snap lock" engageS.
- Insert at approximately 3” from the corners (MLT System components may be used for the corners of an offset pattern, in the “T” intersection of porcelains having a minimum thickness of 3/8”).
- Spacing of each assembly should not exceed 20” to 24” apart.
- Do not place them under a four-corner junction as lippage may result and also greatly increase the difficulty to produce a straight grout joint line.
- To unlock the assembly after initial placement, slide the cap in the direction of the grout line while holding the strap.
- To remove:
- Set tension setting dial on “S” for “Snap”
- Place installation/removal tool atop re-usable cap and engage the re-usable connecting tab.
- When using MLT System for installations of thin tile, un-glazed, or highly polished materials, it is strongly recommended to use the fitted Rubber Pad sold separately.