Yes, the Vitrex Grout-Out Tool can be used to remove sanded grout, however, individual results may vary depending on the composition of the grout and how long the grout has been in place.
Vitrex "Grout-Out" Grout Removal Tool
- The easiest way to refresh any tiled area
- The fastest, most versatile grout removing tool
- Variable speed for precision grout removing
- Removes grout at up to 1 inch per second and takes non-sanded grout up to 1/8 inch
- 3-speed pneumatic action powers through old and discolored grouts
- Refresh your tiles and remove old and discolored grout
- Interchangeable grout removing tips
- 8 ft. (2.5 m) power cable, allowing a greater working area
- 13 watt. 120 Volts. 0.2 Amps
- Max Stroke: 7,100 strokes per minute
- Bit Diameter: 1/8" (3.2mm)
- Weight: 1 lbs. (458 g)
- Comes with 2 precision cobalt steel grout remover tips and wrench
- One sharp tip and one flat tip
Question & Answers
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
Thanks to this excellent tool w/flat bit, my husband saved the job! He said he couldn't have done it w/o this fine tool. With time and patience, works very well. Go slowly, use two hands, don't put a lot of pressure on the tool let the point and the vibration chip out the mortar, again go slow and be patient.
removed old grout on bathroom wall tile, did the job faster than a hand grout saw and it was easier on my hands too.
Excellent, used it to take out a tile that was cracked and didn't want other tiles around it damaged, did the job, new one on with no damage, also used it around the bath when renewing it, resulting in no damage to those tiles.
Bought it for my wife as she was re-grouting the kitchen floor tiles. The first day she had a manual one basically a knife and struggled. I got her the electric one and she loves it, easy to use and fast.