Raimondi 3/8" Slanted Notched Trowels
The slanted and rounded notch provide the following advantages:
- When placing tile on adhesive spread with a slanted ridge, the ridges overlap and collapse to provide superior adhesive coverage on the back of the tile vs. a standard notched trowel.
- Superior adhesive bonding also increases the efficiency of in floor heating systems since it removes air pockets which inhibit the transfer of heat to the flooring.
- Collapsible ridge provides maximum coverage is even more valuable in cases where bond failure is more prevalent such as: large format tile installations (8”x8” and up), high moisture areas such as pools & spa’s, and installations subject to extremes in temperature (i.e. exterior installations, or installations beneath large windows).
- The rounded shape of the notch reduces the chance of the adhesive “binding” and ripping away the ridges while troweling.
- The adhesive does not bind in the rounded corners of this notch so the adhesive ridges stay intact.
- Top quality made in Italy 22 gauge Stainless steel.
- Handle base is made of polished aluminum electro-welded to the blade and fastened by a non-slip screw.
- Anti-slip, comfortable rubber handle.
- Trowel weight is 12 oz.