The product should sell itself. If you set a lot of large format or heavy tile it's a must have. The first row of tile set is the most important and Stringa-Level makes it level. The only 2 cons I have for it is the flexible sections aren't perfectly straight in between the hinges, so if you're setting small tile like I just did 3 3/4 X 3 3/4 you have to shim the first row in the corners or where ever you use the flexible sections. Also, just to be sure I used a trusted level on top of the stringa level to make everything totally level.
StringA-Level Layout Tool
- Standard Kit includes 4 flexible sections (yellow) and 4 rigid sections (red)
- Contractor Kit includes 10 flexible sections (yellow) and 10 rigid sections (red)
- Attach and level a continuous stringer on which to stack heavy or large format tile vertically
- Created to be re-used over and over again, Stringa-Level will quickly conform to any wall, regardless of shape or contour
- Rounded walls, inside or outside corners won't stop Stringa-Level
- Interlocking straight or flexible sections, with leveling bubbles built into each piece to ensure accuracy and precision
- Flexible section (yellow) are 13" long, 1-1/4" wide, 2" high, for corners
- Rigid sections (red) are 27" long, 1-1/4" wide, 2" high for straight walls
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
We'll see how long they last, but, so far, so good. We like them. Not really made for someone who does mud installation, better for hardi-backer board, but we make it work. great for mosaic liners, set all your tile the same day, next day set liners with speed set, and grout! Love the built in level vials, and flexible pieces.
This has made my job as a Tile Contractor that much easier and also gives a professional look to your Customer.
The item gets the job done but not as good as i expected. The string a level kit does get the first line right, but not all the level bubbles are accurate, actually more than half aren't. So i still used a traditional level to make sure the first line was level and accurate. I also realized that if u need to raise a heavy tile (24x24 3/4 thick) and sneak in a margin underneath the tile to raise it, the string a level will bend and become difficult to raise the tile (so make sure the first line is absolutely level before setting tile.) Over all: its a good product, it replaces wood and pays for itself after buying so many 6 foot 1x2. But... the price is a little high.