Thank you for contacting us.
Pactool offers different power shears for various materials.
MOdel SS424, available from Contractors Direct, is for cutting cement backerboard specifically.
The PacTool International RazorBacker SS-424 Snapper Shear is the most powerful fiber-cement hand-held cutting shears in the world! It performs straight and curved cuts easily and is machined from A2 steel for greater strength and durability.
- Looking for the quickest and cleanest way to cut backer board?
- Razorbacker slices through Hardibacker superfast, easy and straight; cuts great curves too.
- There's no dirty cement dust or grit to scratch enamel or ceramics and make your clean-up a headache.
- Cuts HardiBacker backerboard up to 1/2" thick.
- For straight and curved cuts.
- Smooth, fast, and dust-free operation.
- Powered by a 1/2" / 6.5 Amp Milwaukee motor.
- Reversible blades machined from solid tool steel.
- Blades provide 20,000 ft. of cutting, last for up to 20 homes.
Question & Answers
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
I wouldn't think of cutting tile backer-board or cement siding-board with anything else. If you like your lungs, this is the best tool for cement board. NO DUST to breath.Spend the [$], you'll be glad you did.
I bought this tool because I was tired of cutting backer outside with an angle grinder and breathing cement dust. It is perfect at solving these two problems. I can measure and cut at the work location inside and no dust is airborne. Cleanup requires only a broom. Straight cuts are a breeze although I have not mastered cutting tight curves and circles after three weeks. That looks to be a challenge. There is plenty of power for 1/2" hardie sheets. After paying over $250 for a tool I wish there was a hard storage case for the cutter. So far that's the only negative.
The only thing that would make this tool perfect is a harder metal for the stationary part of the jaws. that part wears out way ro fast for the cost of the unit
I have bought 3 of these, my guys borrow them and end up buying them from me. These are the only way to cut cement board, Great tool.