Yes, the Raimondi Floor Pliers can also be used for wall projects, but the user may experience increased fatigue due to the less ergonomic orientation of the pliers when working against a wall. Accordingly, the Raimondi Wall Pliers can also be used for floor projects, but the user may also experience increased fatigue and longer installation times.
LS100Kit Raimondi RLS System Starter Kit
- Product code: LS100Kit
- Manufacturer: Raimondi
- MPN: LS100Kit
New lower price!
The Raimondi Tile Leveling System Starter Kit has everything you need to quickly eliminate tile lippage. The RLS Starter Kit includes 100 regular 1/16" joint clips for 1/8" to 1/2" thick tile, 100 reusable wedges and floor pliers in a convenient storage bucket.
- Uneven floor foundations can make it very difficult to properly set flexible, large format, heavy, or low-thickness tiles.
- Tiles can shift as the tile adhesive sets, compromising the overall aesthetics of your initial hard work.
- The Raimondi Tile Leveling System prevents tiles from shifting to ensure tiles are uniformly level once adhesive has cured.
- System Starter Kit includes Raimondi Floor Pliers, 100 1/16'' joint Regular Raimondi Clips, and 100 Raimondi Wedges.
- Greatly improves the overall quality of your tile project.
- Installation and removal of the clip spacers is quick and easy!
- Reusable wedges are durable and rigid to hold tiles better than competitors.
- Can be used for both wall tile and floor tile installations.
- Clips and wedges evenly push tile into thinset to further enhance tile-thinset adhesion and achieve a super-level finished surface.
- Wedges size: 3-1/2" Long x 3/4" Wide.
- Regular Leveling Clip size: 1/16" joint, for tiles 1/8" up to 1/2" thick.
- Minimum grout joint: 1/16", (1.5mm), max 1/8" (3mm) when used in conjunction with standard tile spacers.
- Minimum tile thickness required: 1/8", (3mm), max 1/2" (12mm).
- STEP 1: After spreading your tile adhesive, insert Raimondi leveling clip spacer underneath the tiles along the 4 sides - use traditional spacers as you normally would to square up the corners. For larger tiles, it may be necessary to "double up", using 2 leveling spacers for each side.
- STEP 2: Set the tile and beat it with a rubber mallet.
- STEP 3: Use the special traction-adjustable pliers to insert the wedge into the leveling clip, paying attention not to pass the breakpoint.
- STEP 4: Once the tile adhesive has been allowed to set, remove the leveling spacers with the traction-adjustable pliers, rubber mallet, or kicking them out with your feet.
Question & Answers
The Raimondi Leveling System is not recommended for use with ungauged tile. Click here to see Ungauged Tile Leveling Straps.
You should determine the amount of adhesive to be used by the size of the tile. The usage of the Raimondi RLS clips have no bearing in determining trowel size.
The amount of spacers you need is dictated by the size of your tile and the total square footage of your job:
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
These are a great product. They level the tiles very easily. I have used them to lay about 1500 sq. ft. of tile and they have worked as described. One trick I use is to use the broken "legs" of the spacers from the first set after I break them off to act as spacers where a full leveler is not required. Make sure you use the 1/4 inch wide by 3/8 deep notched trowel to give you enough up and down movement and still support the tile. These are much better than any I have used from the big box stores. But I would expect that a tile product from a nation that has placed tile for more than 2000 years would be good.
A professional tile setter would probably not need this but I don't have four years to go through an apprenticeship program.