Thank you for contacting Contractors Direct.
You can use up to a 3/16 inch spacer to space the grout joint with this leveling system.
There should be no reason that these clips would create irregular gaps, all other factors aside, when applying the correct process.
Spacing can be deceptive depending on the factory edge style (i.e. bevel, bullnose, etc.). If a bevel is present, a 1/8 inch RLS clip will likely show as closer 3/16 inch once installed.
RLS Tile Leveling System Contractor Kit
- RLS Contractor Kit includes: 250 Wedges, 500 Clear Clip size: 1/8" to 1/2" tile, 1/16" joint and 1 Floor Pliers.
Raimondi Leveling Spacers have been sold in Europe for quite a few years and finally we're able to introduce them to you!
- If you're a tile installer, you're well aware of how difficult it is to properly set flexible, large format, heavy, or low-thickness tiles because, often times, the floor foundation is uneven and/or contains imperfections.
- Tiles that seemed uniformly leveled while first installing them can show differences as the tile adhesive sets, compromising the overall aesthetics of your initial hard work.
- With the Raimondi Leveling Spacers, this potential is no longer a threat to your perfect tile project.
- In addition to ensuring the proper leveling of tiles, this system helps speed the tile setting process.
- Greatly improves the overall quality of your tile project
- Both installation and removal of the spacers is quick and easy
- Sturdy Tile Wedge holds tiles better than competitors
- Use for wall and floor projects
- Tiles are not pulled from the thinset, they're pushed into it.
- Rather than worrying about voids and coverage, RLS spacers further enhance your thinset adhesion to your tiles!
- Wedges size: 3-1/2" Long x 3/4" Wide.
- Regular Leveling Clip size: 1/8" to 1/2" tile, 1/16" joint.
- Minimum required joint: 1/16", (1.5mm), max 1/8" (3mm).
- STEP 1: After spreading your tile adhesive, insert leveling spacer underneath the tiles along the 4 sides, use traditional spacers as you normally would to square up the corners. For larger tiles, it may be necessary to "double up", using 2 leveling spacers for each side.
- STEP 2: Set the tile and beat it with a rubber mallet
- STEP 3: Use the special traction-adjustable pliers to insert the wedge into the leveling spacers, paying attention not to pass the breakpoint.
- STEP 4:Once the tile adhesive has been allowed to set. Remove the leveling spacers with the traction-adjustable pliers, rubber mallet, or kicking them out with your feet.
Question & Answers
Ratings & Reviews
Most Helpful Reviews
Half the price of some other systems and in my opinion, a better product. Easy to use, works amazingly. I've never installed a flatter tile plank floor before using this product.
First time using this system and could not be more pleased. Used to set 6x36 wood look tile. Absolutely no lippage. Extremely easy to use and would highly recommend this product. Well done Raimondi.